Options

Whos a VCP and who actually has their paper cert!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    The VMware certification department has an extremely small headcount. They will be looking to have their budget and headcount increased to resolve these latency issues. Don't ask me why their staff is so small with the volume of work they handle. I'm sure paying customers do not feel it is a real good excuse when they are paying a lot of money into the system.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    avladavlad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I still haven't receive my paper cert. I have passed the VCP-310 exam almost 6 months ago !
    The small headcount of VMware certification department is not a very good excuse.
    Look at the price of their trainings. I'm sure that they can afford hiring some extra people.
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    Still no certificate at present, TBH I've given up pestering them about it and I guess it'll come eventually. Surely its not hard to bash out a template certificate and send that and a csv to a printing company, couple of days jobs a good 'un. Not impressed by their rebranding the VCP heading is rather dull!
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received my cert about 1-2 weeks ago now.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Received mine about 3 weeks ago. I must be special... icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It took SANS 3 months to mail me my plaque, don't feel too bad. Hell cisco never even mailed me two of my certificates and I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to give me free electronic copies so I could print them myself.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    Complain to the VMware certification/education department and let your voice be heard.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    avladavlad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have send them an email 2 weeks ago.
    Yesterday evening, I have received an answer that a new kit will be sent to my address.
  • Options
    charles123charles123 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so nice and interesting sharing.I totally agree with you.its nice post.I bookmark the site and mail ll of my friends to check it.

Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Are they any cheaper?

you should check your local community college. they offer a course here in St Louis at St Louis Community College VMWare Academy. they started offering the first course this year which leads to VCP. it is a 4 credit hour course that lasts 2 months each Saturday 8 hours. each credit for in-district students is $80. so, the course cost $320. however, there are prerequisite course, which are Cisco I Network Fundamentals (which is a 5 credit hour class) and Unix/Linux (which is a 3 credit hour class). so, if you're just starting out, you'd have to pay for 12 credit hours ($960.00), but if you already took those other classes, then you can just take that vmware class. the vmware class is titled IT211 intro to virtualization and cloud computing. it is definitely a cheaper way to attend the required class, but it will take lots of time to get through. you're looking at possible 1.5 terms - Fall and Spring. you could take network fundamentals and unix/linux in the fall, and the in the spring take a half-term class vmware. there is a possibility to get all of that done in 1 term also. in the first half of the term you'd take network fundamentals and unix/linux, and in the second half of the term you'd take vmware. good luck!
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cageybee wrote: »
    you should check your local community college. they offer a course here in St Louis at St Louis Community College VMWare Academy. they started offering the first course this year which leads to VCP. it is a 4 credit hour course that lasts 2 months each Saturday 8 hours. each credit for in-district students is $80. so, the course cost $320. however, there are prerequisite course, which are Cisco I Network Fundamentals (which is a 5 credit hour class) and Unix/Linux (which is a 3 credit hour class). so, if you're just starting out, you'd have to pay for 12 credit hours ($960.00), but if you already took those other classes, then you can just take that vmware class. the vmware class is titled IT211 intro to virtualization and cloud computing. it is definitely a cheaper way to attend the required class, but it will take lots of time to get through. you're looking at possible 1.5 terms - Fall and Spring. you could take network fundamentals and unix/linux in the fall, and the in the spring take a half-term class vmware. there is a possibility to get all of that done in 1 term also. in the first half of the term you'd take network fundamentals and unix/linux, and in the second half of the term you'd take vmware. good luck!

Since he posted that almost two years ago - I'd guess he found a course by now :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p