Options

2924 XL IOS Upgrade...

TisorkATisorkA Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, got my CCNA on the 4th March (woohoo) and wanted to setup my home lab. Picked up a Cisco 2924 XL switch and downloaded with latest IOS for it (I work for a Cisco Select Partner so IOS' are easy to get) BUT

I can't flash it!

copy tftp flash

copy to or from flash not implemeted <<icon_confused.gif:

show flash

invalid input detect at marker (carrat under the l of flash)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    As the mighty Chris Bryant always says: don't panic

2924 XL has a strange way of updating which can be found here:

2924XL IOS Upgrade

Thanks for looking tho
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Read this as the procedure is different.

IOS files for fixed configuration switches like the XLs and 2950s are generally free to download even with a guest account. The licensed ones like IP services for a 3550 probably requires a service contract though but I've never tried it.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, trawled the Cisco pages for a guide like that, obviously haven't done the CCENT: How to browse our website yet icon_lol.gif

Have successfully flashed my switch and am currently playing with vlans.

Have also gotton hold of an 877, 877w & 3640 (with EIGHT serials and 2 ethernets!!)

My lab rocks lol
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Yes I was able to download several switch IOS' from cisco.com with just a nobody login for free.
  • Options
    NetworkNut81NetworkNut81 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Yes I was able to download several switch IOS' from cisco.com with just a nobody login for free.

hi, i read your post and was wondering what user login and password u used so i may login as well

thank you!!
  • Options
    NetworkNut81NetworkNut81 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TisorkA wrote: »
    As the mighty Chris Bryant always says: don't panic

2924 XL has a strange way of updating which can be found here:

2924XL IOS Upgrade

Thanks for looking tho

Hi, i have a question, i have 2 24 port switches model 2924xl and when i turn them on the lights never go away on the ports while booting up, are these switches bricked in some way and can i recover them??

thanx in advanced
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    hi, i read your post and was wondering what user login and password u used so i may login as well
    Create a guest account and log in with that. It doesn't cost anything and you should be able to download 2900XL IOS images.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648

thank you!!
    You create your own guest account.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    I have a 2912XL and a 2924XL.

The 2924XL I loaded with a pretty bad IOS and had to upload the new image via xmodem. It was a pain.

I really don't like the 2900XL series....

But if you have any other questions about them, I can take a look at mine and try to help you out...