Options

640-553 real exam guidance

melindamelinda Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello,

i do have exam by coming tuesday. I am also currently quite close to complete SNRS. My question is regarding real exam:

1) Does the labs and sims use simulator like real sdm or it just show pictures of sdm?

2) Like saving the running configuration at the end of labs, do we have to take any special step to copy running-config to startup-config through sdm, at the end of exam?

3) I have quite good practice on cli but could not get much hands on sdm. Which sdm labs or sims are quite common?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    melinda wrote: »
    hello,

i do have exam by coming tuesday. I am also currently quite close to complete SNRS. My question is regarding real exam:

1) Does the labs and sims use simulator like real sdm or it just show pictures of sdm?

2) Like saving the running configuration at the end of labs, do we have to take any special step to copy running-config to startup-config through sdm, at the end of exam?

3) I have quite good practice on cli but could not get much hands on sdm. Which sdm labs or sims are quite common?

thanks.
    We are limited on what we can say because of all the Non Disclosure Agreements we must sign during the exam.

It is no secret SDM does figure on the exam so if you can get more exposure to SDM, either directly or tracking down and studying some screen shots. It's only the Security elements of SDM you need to look at rather than the whole thing (VPN, IPS, etc).

I will blatantly plug my "CCNA Security Notes", follow the link to my blog in my signature.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    mikem2te wrote: »

I will blatantly plug my "CCNA Security Notes", follow the link to my blob in my signature.

Top download. Thanks :)
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)