Options

Passed 70-299 - any advice for 70-298

I took and passed the 70-299 exam today with a score of 793. The exam was not too bad, but there were some very interesting IPSec and PKI questions. Overall it covered all areas of the exam equally.

Does anyone have any 70-298 advice? I plan on trying to take it sometime over the next couple of weeks because everything I've read seems to indicate that it is simply the same material as 70-299 - just a different format...

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is definitely RRAS/PKI/L2TP/IPSec questions on the 298. Make sure you know them well. I just passed today. :)

I would say topics were

RRAS
    PKI
    L2TP
    IPSec
    SSL
    AD Group structure
    Remote Desktop
    Group policy
    Delegation of permissions
    WebDAV
    IIS security
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    beatblambeatblam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What r the recommended books that u used to pass 70-299 exam, I plan to take the exam after my CompTIA Security+ SY0-201. Pliz advise guys........
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    The MS Press book is actually very good for the 70-299. I also recommend using Transcender for this exam. Using those 2 and the CD that comes with the MS Press book should be plenty to pass this exam.

How is the Security+ exam? I am preparing for it to complete my MCSE: Security, and so far it looks pretty easy?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You already know the material. Just take it already ;)