Options

Passed CCENT today!

mmartinez85mmartinez85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Whew! After over 2 months of putting myself on lockdown and studying for hours nearly everyday, I can finally say I passed this thing!

For anyone currently studying, my best word of advice is: memorize!

Understanding the concepts is also necessary, but there were a lot of questions with information that, had I not memorized the facts, I would have probably failed.

Also, there was one really hard simulator question that I got hit with right off the bat. I'm sure I didn't get it 100% right, but I know I got some partial credit.

But the rest of the exam was pretty standard sims and questions. I finished with about a minute left on the clock.

I actually didn't think I was gonna see "pass" on the printout when it was all said and done. I struggled through too many questions, but alas I pulled through.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Whew! After over 2 months of putting myself on lockdown and studying for hours nearly everyday, I can finally say I passed this thing!

For anyone currently studying, my best word of advice is: memorize!

Understanding the concepts is also necessary, but there were a lot of questions with information that, had I not memorized the facts, I would have probably failed.

Also, there was one really hard simulator question that I got hit with right off the bat. I'm sure I didn't get it 100% right, but I know I got some partial credit.

But the rest of the exam was pretty standard sims and questions. I finished with about a minute left on the clock.

I actually didn't think I was gonna see "pass" on the printout when it was all said and done. I struggled through too many questions, but alas I pulled through.

Congrats. Whats next (besides the CCNA)?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Hopefully most of the trivia is out of the way now that you're done with the ICND1/CCENT.

Make sure you kick up your hands on practice for the ICND2 exam. While there still some "memorization," a lot of the knowledge from here on out get's reinforced by the hands on practice -- and the questions you get will be more focused on applying that knowledge to the questions/scenarios, rather than spitting out rote answers.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mmartinez85mmartinez85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips.

Honestly, for now I'm going to go on hiatus from studying. ICND2 will be next, but I'm not sure when.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Nice one, ICND2 is abit more hands on so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting into it once you do, lot's of lab stuff!
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S