How can I use 3 monitors?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
I feel ashamed for even asking this question, but it's proven more difficult than I might have guessed. I was originally looking at this card, but per the specs it looks like only 2 outputs can be active at a time.
Quadro FX 580

Are there cards available that will natively run 3 monitors at once, or am I looking at having to run 2 monitors on 1 card (current setup) and then add a cheap card for the third?

Anyone have personal experience with this? Thanks!

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Some video cards can physically run three monitors at once, they have some mixture of DVI, VGA, and HDMI outputs. But your monitors would need to accept HDMI.

I use three 22in monitors which are run off of two Geforce 9800s.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    /usr wrote: »
    I feel ashamed for even asking this question, but it's proven more difficult than I might have guessed. I was originally looking at this card, but per the specs it looks like only 2 outputs can be active at a time.
    Quadro FX 580

Are there cards available that will natively run 3 monitors at once, or am I looking at having to run 2 monitors on 1 card (current setup) and then add a cheap card for the third?

Anyone have personal experience with this? Thanks!

With 2 video cards yea you could do it (Actually up to 4 monitors) This was the setup we had at my last job.
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've got a three monitor setup running off two cheap cards (not a gamer), it's pretty much plug and play. I used to have a boss that I setup eight monitors for in the same way.

Depending on your use and needed resolution you may be able to get away with a USB display adapter.