Options

Am I ready?

mattx096mattx096 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Okay, well i finished reading the 70-290 Microsoft Book, and I took some free practice tests i found on the internet (I could only find like 4) I seemed to get around 50% on all of them. Ive taken them now several more times and I pass now, but i dont know if im ready. Now that i read the book and took some practice tests, what else should i do to make sure that im ready? I feel like i have a firm grasp of the information in the book, but those practice tests gave me questions that seemed to be a little tricky. Any Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    thedude22thedude22 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mattx096 wrote: »
    Okay, well i finished reading the 70-290 Microsoft Book, and I took some free practice tests i found on the internet (I could only find like 4) I seemed to get around 50% on all of them. Ive taken them now several more times and I pass now, but i dont know if im ready. Now that i read the book and took some practice tests, what else should i do to make sure that im ready? I feel like i have a firm grasp of the information in the book, but those practice tests gave me questions that seemed to be a little tricky. Any Suggestions?

what you have to do now is to go and find out for youe self, book the test take it and see how good you are. no one can tell you if you are ready or not till you take the test. remember it dosen't have to be 100%, just do what you can and make sure you register for the free second shot vaucher when you book your test. if you pass fisrt time then you good, if not then you know what you need to work on. good luck :)
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Do the practice tests on the 290 MSPress book.
  • Options
    timoskitimoski Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The MS press book practice exams are ridiculously hard comapred to transcender or anything else out there. Im NOT saying its not any good or its not beneficial to do it, but I dont think its necessarily a valid tool to equate how ready you are for the exam. If you can get through it, your flying.

I consistantly score 80-90 on transcender and others, MS press 50 or less. Your milage may vary.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    The harder the exam, the better you will be prepared because the Microsoft exam wont be a walk in the park. Dont worry about the MS practice exam being hard, study the concept and what makes their answer right. That's just my two cents.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you installed and used Windows 2003 and worked through any of the exercises in the books? For me, it's easier to learn and retain by doing.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    mattx096mattx096 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well i i took all the required MCSA and MCSE classes in college and went through all the labs , but its been about 2 years. If i can get a free second shot at it, maybe im better off just scheduling the test and see what happens.