Valentines Gifts, How did you do?

laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
OK so who says romance is dead?

Me and swmbo celebrate valentines a day early for various reasons, so this year I gave her a nice sexy little negligee (this one as it happens :- http://tinyurl.com/yh33qlu)

So what do I get in return?
I get a Cisco FXO card icon_biggrin.gif

Who say she doesn’t understand me lo

I'd say thats a win-win for me D

So what did you guys n gals do?
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Well, I gave my wife 3 red roses and she buys me Windows 7 Ultimate edition.... woooot...
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Being a singleton, not alot in that respect! but i did go skydiving!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So what did you guys n gals do?

Get Valentine's Day rubbed in my face. By you. :p
  • gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I out did myself this year. I bought my wife a diamond ring, flowers, a plant, the american idol game on wii cause she loves to sing. We went out to eat most of the weekend and I gave her $200. I got a bunch of clothes a fossil watch and wallet
    G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
  • Daniel DDaniel D Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got her a card, some roses, and a box of mashed potatoes. She just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled the day before, it was just a little joke. I'm not a huge supporter of Valentines day. She gets treated like royalty on her birthday though.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Expenses are tight while we support two mortgages, so it was just Lindt's chocolates and Adam Lambert's (That guy who did not win American Idol, but is more famous than the guy who did) CD.

I dropped the hint that I wanted TCP/IP Illustrated: Volume 1, but she failed to get the hint. So, I ended up with a card because "I'm too hard to shop for".

I did end up getting the best gift of all. I bought my 2 year old daughter a HUGE lady bug from Wal*Mart. She absolutely loves her "Buggy Bug". She uses it like a big pillow.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I got my wife Bioshock 2 and she got me Mass Effect 2.

Win win situation there! :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I went all out this year. Hotel suite, flowers dinner, champagne, the works. She enjoyed it and I shouldn't be bothered to do anything else for a while now so it works out for both of us icon_wink.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Adam Lambert's (That guy who did not win American Idol, but is more famous than the guy who did) CD.

It's probably worth mentioning that he's known more for him making out with another guy onstage, and sounding like the "male britney spears"..he was good in the competition though. It seems to me that his fame is running out unfortunately..and Kris Allen is still very much known..haven't you seen his face plastered all over the Ford ads? Can you tell I was a fan of Kris instead of Adam?

For Valentines Day (sorta), my wife let me order all of the components for my CCIE lab, and I got a new computer desk, which I needed BADLY. The old one was a cheap walmart desk that was falling apart, and hardly had room for my two monitors. The new one is actually a nice oak writing desk, but it works great for all of my stuff. I'd say I really made out well :)

For my wife, I got her the usual chocolates/flowers, and got her great grandmothers ring fixed by my jeweler. The ring is from 1938 and is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $30k, but had several loose stones due to aging. The repair was expensive but will make it like new, which means a lot to her.

And to top it all off, we saw the new Valentine's Day movie on the 12th, which was cool since we don't get out much alone these days.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Me and this girl like each other. I sent her some roses and a teadybear.
    I regret it becuase this girl doesn't seem like she knows what she's looking for in life. Such a waste of time on my part. Its funny that this post went up because 5 seconds before I read this post, I emailed her wishing her goodluck on finding whatever it is she's looking for. Some girls are looney and I seem to run into a lot of looney ones. No offense to you normal ladies out there.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Super99 wrote: »
    Me and this girl like each other. I sent her some roses and a teadybear.
    I regret it becuase this girl doesn't seem like she knows what she's looking for in life. Such a waste of time on my part. Its funny that this post went up because 5 seconds before I read this post, I emailed her wishing her goodluck on finding whatever it is she's looking for. Some girls are looney and I seem to run into a lot of looney ones. No offense to you normal ladies out there.

I think this is common on both sides, I know plenty of girls who don't know what they want in life and plenty of guys who are in the same boat. Just be thankful that you are not stuck with somebody like that and keep looking. Life's to short to settle down with somebody that will make you unhappy.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Super99 wrote: »
    . No offense to you normal ladies out there.

I'm sure that Dynamik's not offended.

MS
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    My wife bought me my MCITP training books and memory for my lab server, Also got a Partiot Boxoffice player for my TV. :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Let's just say I ended up sleeping on the couch.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    blargoe wrote: »
    Let's just say I ended up sleeping on the couch.

Forgot huh ? icon_biggrin.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    eMeS wrote: »
    I'm sure that Dynamik's not offended.
    Surprised that Dynamik's mum hasn't been mentioned yet actually.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Sent the GF a dozen red roses mixed with white lilies on friday. Saturday i treated her to a candlelight dinner/concert at one of the local venues. Very swank.

She gave me an expensive bottle of cologne.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Forgot huh ? icon_biggrin.gif

I wish I had
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was a pretty bad husband and got her pretty much nothing. HOWEVER, I did receive office space/Young Frankenstein/Napoleon Dynamite blu-ray pack. We went out for a wonderful dinner friday to avoid the crowds. I also made breakfast this morning while she was still sleeping. I am not a flowers/candy/cards kind of guy.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My wife got me a Chevy Tahoe. I think that's more of a coincidence however that I got it on Valentines day as we don't celebrate. =)
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got the gf some nice flowers and candy, and had her car detailed. She bought me a new emergency vehicle kit for the new car I bought that weekend. Even the car is red.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I got a pair of Clarks Wallabees, candy & dinner icon_thumright.gif
    2j5jcic.jpg
  • waltdeewaltdee Member Posts: 122
    i gave my wife a box of edible arrangments, and she gave me some chocolates.
    when one is the, the one will be the being of willing to be the one.