Options

TSHOOT Beta

2»

Comments

• Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    Forsaken_GA

TSHOOT Certification Guide hits Amazon. I did get my TSHOOT book from CiscoPress for $32.99 + $2.xx tax, still cheaper than Amazon. If you're a CNAP alumni you can get the same deal as I did.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    CSCOnoob wrote: »
    Forsaken_GA

TSHOOT Certification Guide hits Amazon. I did get my TSHOOT book from CiscoPress for $32.99 + $2.xx tax, still cheaper than Amazon. If you're a CNAP alumni you can get the same deal as I did.

Interesting, which book from Cisco Press? The Wallace book shows up as 59.99 for me, and the Ranjbar book shows up at $49, but not availabile until March 31st.

I do see the Wallace book on Amazon now for 37 and change
  • Options
    Interesting, which book from Cisco Press? The Wallace book shows up as 59.99 for me, and the Ranjbar book shows up at $49, but not availabile until March 31st.

I do see the Wallace book on Amazon now for 37 and change

Are you CNAP alumni?

Here's the order.
    Order Summary:
    Items in Order	  	1
    Merchandise Subtotal	  	$32.99
    Shipping and Handling	  	$0.00
    Applicable Sales Tax	  	$2.06
    Grand Total	  	$35.05
    Order Details
    1. CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide, 9781587058448, $32.99 each Quantity: 1

• Options
    Are you CNAP alumni?

Many, many years ago. It's not that I'm doubting you, I just want to know how I can see what you're seeing! If that's a CNAP only price, then I'll just have to wait until CP applies the normal discounts to it (or order it from Amazon instead!)

Actually, before I do anything, I need to see if I've exhausted my book budget for the month hehe
  • Options
    When you're in the Student Home, click the link for Alumni Connection under Communities of the right pane of the site. Then, you'll see a link under Special Cisco Press Savings for Networking Academy Alumni
    Save up to 45% on Cisco Press Books.
  • Options
    Huh, we'll I'll be damned, been close to 7 years, but I still remember my Academy Connection login. Thanks!
  • Options
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Save up to 45% on Cisco Press Books.
    Since the Certification Library wasn't available yet, I ordered the 3 Certification Guides individually and got an additional 5% off -- so $30 a book and a buck off each Reference Sheet icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Since the Certification Library wasn't available yet, I ordered the 3 Certification Guides individually and got an additional 5% off -- so $30 a book and a buck off each Reference Sheet icon_cheers.gif

Yeah, if you order more than 75 bucks worth of stuff, they'll give you another 5% off. It'd be nice if the new stuff had the instant safari access though!
  • Options
    It'd be nice if the new stuff had the instant safari access though!
    But that would cut into their Book/eBook bundle "deal."

The Quick Reference Sheets are DRM'ed Adobe Digital Editions, so no Kindle DX viewing. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    But that would cut into their Book/eBook bundle "deal."

The Quick Reference Sheets are DRM'ed Adobe Digital Editions, so no Kindle DX viewing. icon_sad.gif

Well the Safari access is only for 45 days if I remember right, and they do it on other things they do the bundles with. I was slightly annoyed that when I ordered the my bundle o' books with the 4.0 Odom CCIE cert guide that it didn't come with Safari access, but I made do with being able to read Troubleshooting IP Routing Protocols while I awaited shipment for the big box o' books!

And yeah, the DRM'd PDF's are why I will not be buying any from Cisco Press, ever.
  • Options
    BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone see that they now have a TSHOOT demo lab exam available on Cisco Learning Network?

The lab is based on trouble tickets that contain a few questions each. Its actually pretty cool and I'm now kind of excited to getting around to taking this exam.
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    allredcallredc Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've noticed that I can sign up for the tshoot beta for after March 26 and it is only $50. I can navigate up to the confirm order page.

Is March 26 the sign up deadline or the test taking deadline?
  • Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Tried the demo on the Cisco website yesterday. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    I just tried it. I'm loving it. I just hope they have a way to manage all the possible clutter. I had to restart the demo because I coulnd't move oen of my console windows around! I doubt they'll let you do that in the exam.

This exam is a god send! This should weed out the dumpers for sure. take for exmaple the demo. If one scenario had 4 tickets w/ 3 questions each it would require the dumpers to compile roughly 576 possible combinations . I'm basing that number from the demo questions. My math sucks but i think that's about right. I'll try to have the math posted later tomorrow. time to sleep :D
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Bluetorch wrote: »
    Anyone see that they now have a TSHOOT demo lab exam available on Cisco Learning Network?

The lab is based on trouble tickets that contain a few questions each. Its actually pretty cool and I'm now kind of excited to getting around to taking this exam.
    Wow, that is cool. I got 3 out of 4 right the first time around then I got the final question the second time. Took me ages. Worrying!!
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    qplayed wrote: »
    I just tried it. I'm loving it. I just hope they have a way to manage all the possible clutter. I had to restart the demo because I coulnd't move oen of my console windows around! I doubt they'll let you do that in the exam.
    Same happened to me -- it moved (or let me move) a console window so the minimize button was off the screen, and there was no place visible to grab it to move back. Not sure if I tried just clicking on the main background to "bring that forward" -- I had the tickets covered and couldn't go to the next one. But I will admit I did skip the exam interface (with "Try Me") demo.

When I came back in the demo did shuffle the tickets :D

Trace route never gave me any information, but I didn't "troubleshoot" that issue. icon_lol.gif

And I did hit a couple "this command is not supported." Pretty much just used ping to isolate the problem to a specific router/switch and went from there.

The first couple were annoying while I tried to figure where to place the windows so I see the IP address, but the last 2 were quick once I figured out how to play the game.

With the published topology and some practice, it looks like it will be fast, fun, and efficient exam for people who are prepared.
    qplayed wrote: »
    This exam is a god send! This should weed out the dumpers for sure. take for exmaple the demo. If one scenario had 4 tickets w/ 3 questions each it would require the dumpers to compile roughly 576 possible combinations . I'm basing that number from the demo questions. My math sucks but i think that's about right. I'll try to have the math posted later tomorrow. time to sleep :D
    If they launch the exam where all the answers match up with possible tickets, it could take someone dumping longer to "study" for the exam than someone who just learns and practices the technology/topics icon_lol.gif

If they just have 12 possible trouble tickets in the test pool, it's still a great test, but then they won't have solved the **** issue.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just having a look on cisco site, yes I like that method of testing to, I think it will sure weed out and stop people just dumping.

And hopefully it will give employers more faith in the CCNP as a certificate that demonstrated a good working knowledge of the topics.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If they launch the exam where all the answers match up with possible tickets, it could take someone dumping longer to "study" for the exam than someone who just learns and practices the technology/topics icon_lol.gif

If they just have 12 possible trouble tickets in the test pool, it's still a great test, but then they won't have solved the **** issue.

yep, I think that's the thing, people who try dumping are going to end up with all the trouble shooting skill as people who just learn it, as they will have to learn so many combinations.

I can't see why Cisco can't make it random to some degree, changing IP address ranges, sequence of routers, possible introducing multiply errors on a single ticket. (ie the eigrp group number is wrong and a network mask in the eigrp con-fig is wrong)

if some one who **** can still solve these problems then they are showing trouble shooting skills as they are applying the knowledge they know to a "Different" problem to solve it. which at the end of the day is what all the rest of us are doing.

In some sense we are all dumping for the exams, as most of us use study guides/material to focus our learning. But I do think this test will weed out the good from the bad.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.