wgr614v9

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Does anyone know how to change the default password on this model router?

Comments

• rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I assume you mean reset the password back to the default? If so, you usually need to press the pin hole button down for about 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, I would check the manual.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    no, lol I know the default info for the router, but so does everyone else. I know I can't change the default user name: admin but I need to change the default password, to something more secure.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    SephStorm wrote: »
    no, lol I know the default info for the router, but so does everyone else. I know I can't change the default user name: admin but I need to change the default password, to something more secure.
    If you're asking how to change the password then look in the manual.

If you're asking how to change the default password itself then that'd involve modifying the firmware loaded in the router. If people have physical access to the router to push the reset button then you've got bigger problems anyway.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »

Have you downloaded the manual from the Vendors site and tried to find the answer?
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Look online. The internet is full if info.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□