Options

Are you just viewing the CISSP forum without posting?

unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
Just wondering....

How come there are always people viewing this forum, but they do not appear to post? What kind of information are you looking for when you come here? Is there anything keeping you from posting? What questions do you have, but are afraid to ask?

So, post, we won't bite, point, or laugh at you.
-un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    The "views" and "viewing" counters reflect forum access by more than just people. icon_eek.gif Also, the views-to-post ratio for any popular discussion forum on the Web is typically many thousands-to-one. I like to think it happens here because we already have a lot of useful information posted. :D
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been guilty of only lurking. I'm working on a couple of Cisco certs right now and plan to start SSCP in the next couple months when they are done. I mostly am just keeping my eye out for advice on what to use to study for it so I'll be ready to dive in when the time comes.

Right now all I have is the Official Guide to the SSCP CBK from ISC Press...I get the feeling I am going to need more than just that book to pass it.
    :study:
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I'm studying for the SSCP, got the exam at the end of the month, and have posted - got the information that I needed, but continue to return to see if there's information that I've missed.

Will post when I either need more specific info or when I fail/pass the sscp to say how I've done :)

-Ken
  • Options
    sp00ledsp00led Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Figured I would get my first post out of the way after viewing this thread.

My company is trying to get together a CISSP bootcamp in June 10' which I will be attending. Hope to get this cert knocked out so I can apply for some new information assurance jobs.
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    sp00led wrote: »
    Figured I would get my first post out of the way after viewing this thread.

My company is trying to get together a CISSP bootcamp in June 10' which I will be attending. Hope to get this cert knocked out so I can apply for some new information assurance jobs.

That's cool. Do you know if the boot camp will be taught by internal people or an outside company? My company has gone back and forth on these methods, using third party week long boot camps, and unofficial internal training/teleconferences over a period of weeks, now we are trying to find a hybrid approach of official in house, internal training, over a period of a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how it works.

I feel most of the time the people in the official third party week long boot camp are there just because they think it might be "cool", and choose not to do studying on their own time. Where as the training over a period of time is where people will choose to attend and it will force people to study.

Either way, please make sure not to rely on your boot camp experience to pass the exam. Do yourself a favor and pick-up the Shon Harris All-In-One and start reading now!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    VoxOrionVoxOrion Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all - I'm a lurker. Thanks for all the info, I try not to post anywhere if I don't have anything to add, but saying thanks is worth something...
  • Options
    jimbalayajimbalaya Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have also been lurking for a while reviewing the CISSP and CCNA forums. Excellent info in both. Thanks!