Options

NEW CCNP track problems with CCDP/CCIP

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I have been looking at a small problem with the new ccnp and regards to related tracks that blend with it, such as ccdp and ccip.

Please tell me if i am wrong, but if you have a CCNP completed out of the (BSCI,BCMSN,ONT,ISCW) track , and the exams are no longer valid after this july, does it mean i have to take ROUTE and SWITCH for a CCDP too? If i wanted to get a CCDP should i do this before July when the BSCI and BCMSN are no longer valid for a CCDP or CCIP?

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    chrisone wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I have been looking at a small problem with the new ccnp and regards to related tracks that blend with it, such as ccdp and ccip.

Please tell me if i am wrong, but if you have a CCNP completed out of the (BSCI,BCMSN,ONT,ISCW) track , and the exams are no longer valid after this july, does it mean i have to take ROUTE and SWITCH for a CCDP too? If i wanted to get a CCDP should i do this before July when the BSCI and BCMSN are no longer valid for a CCDP or CCIP?

What are your guys thoughts on this?

You're confusing availability with validity.

If you look at the certification requirements, CCDP requires BSCI or ROUTE and BCMSN or SWITCH.

As far as I know, all Professional level Cisco exams are good for use towards certification for 3 years. So if you've already passed BSCI and BCMSN, as long as you pass ARCH (and have a CCDA) within 3 years of whichever exam is oldest, you'll qualify for CCDP.
  • Options
    mmm i hope this is true. I went on each tracks respective page and it says thats the BSCI and BCMSN will no longer be valid after july for each respective track. Hopefully my bsci and bcmsn are still valid. Darn because of this little scare im being pushed now into getting my CCDA and CCDP before july icon_rolleyes.gif I have 5 months to do it. I think i can i think i can i think i can......
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I went on each tracks respective page and it says thats the BSCI and BCMSN will no longer be valid after july for each respective track.

Where?

I see:
    642-901 BSCI
    Last day to test: July 31, 2010
    642-812 BCMSN
    Last day to test: July 31, 2010
  • Options
    mmm i hope this is true. I went on each tracks respective page and it says thats the BSCI and BCMSN will no longer be valid after july for each respective track. Hopefully my bsci and bcmsn are still valid. Darn because of this little scare im being pushed now into getting my CCDA and CCDP before july icon_rolleyes.gif I have 5 months to do it. I think i can i think i can i think i can......

Again, you're confusing validity with availability. The old exams are no longer available after July 31st, but your test results are valid for 3 years.

Cisco sayeth the following:

Valid period for previous CCNP exams
    Now that the revised CCNP has been announced, can I still take the previous CCNP exams? How long will they be valid?

The last day for candidates to take the BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW and ONT exams will be July 31, 2010. Candidates who pass the BSCI and BCMSN exams will be able to count those exams towards CCNP certification as long as their score is valid-three years from the date of the exam. Please note that no direct replacements are being developed for the ISCW and ONT exams and passing scores on these exams will only be accepted until July 31, 2010. Candidates for CCNP who do not complete all their certification by July 31, 2010 will be required to pass the TSHOOT exam #642-832 to meet the requirements for certification.

BSCI and BCMSN test results are not being invalidated on July 31st, they have direct replacement exams, so their credit stands good for 3 years. The only folks at risk of being invalidated are those with ONT/ISCW passes.

This kind of freakout happens whenever Cisco changes the exams over hehe
  • Options
    And to be a little more specific to the CCDP and CCIP:

Counting previous exams for Certification
    What if I have completed one or more of the previous CCNP exams? Can I still count those exams towards my certification?

The table below lists all the valid ways to become certified. Note the expiration date of the options using ISCW and ONT. Candidates in the process of obtaining their CCNP, who wish to certify before the new TSHOOT exam becomes required, must pass all the required exams on or before July 31 2010. After July 31, 2010, all CCNP candidates will be required to pass the TSHOOT exam.

Information on the mix and match options for CCDP and CCIP are also included, as they require routing and switching skills as well.
    CCNP = BCSI + BCMSN + ISCW + ONT (Last day July 31, 2010)
    CCNP = COMP + ISCW + ONT (Last day July 31, 2010)
    CCNP = BCSI + SWITCH + ISCW + ONT (Last day July 31, 2010)
    CCNP = ROUTE + BCMSN + ISCW + ONT (Last day July 31, 2010)
    CCNP = ROUTE + SWITCH + ISCW + ONT (Last day July 31, 2010)
    CCNP = BSCI + BCMSN + TSHOOT
    CCNP = COMP + TSHOOT
    CCNP = BSCI + SWITCH + TSHOOT
    CCNP = ROUTE + BCMSN + TSHOOT
    CCNP = ROUTE + SWITCH + TSHOOT
    CCDP = BSCI + BCMSN + ARCH
    CCDP = COMP + ARCH
    CCDP = BSCI + SWITCH + ARCH
    CCDP = ROUTE + BCMSN + ARCH
    CCIP = BSCI + QOS + MPLS + BGP
    CCIP = ROUTE + QOS + MPLS + BGP
  • Options
    Ok cool, so even after july cut off date , as long as my BSCI and BCMSN (which has 3 years left) are valid i can ttake the arch and still get the ccdp?

I understood the cut off date was in july however i wasnt sure if after july if one with a BSCI and BCMSN still qualified for the CCDP even though BSCI and BCMSN are no longer valid for the track after July 31st. I was getting confused but i guess as long as your BSCI and BCMSN are valid , they count towards the CCDP even after the july cut off date.

Thanks guys! maybe this will help others if they had the same questions which im sure many will or have thought about this scenario.