Options

CCENT/ICND1 Exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is what happens when 15 inches of snow **** on you in NJ. This state becomes scared.....
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    thenjduke wrote: »
    This is what happens when 15 inches of snow **** on you in NJ. This state becomes scared.....

I know how you feel. Chances are if it got cancelled yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled on you again today. I got snowed out of my BSCI TWICE, back when the east coast got hammered, the last two times. We didn't get anything from this storm THANK GOD! The last time we got 50" from the huge snow, then another 15 inches from the second storm. I hope you get to take the exam and let us know the outcome!
  • Options
    Well ladies and gents I did not get snow out today. NJ actually did a nice job cleaning the streets.
    So here is the details.

I PASSED with score 889. Time to celebrate and have a beer tonight and then onto my studies for test number 2
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Nice one, good luck with the next one!
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I PASSED
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    a beer
    Wait! What?!?! One? icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Well ladies and gents I did not get snow out today. NJ actually did a nice job cleaning the streets.
    So here is the details.

I PASSED with score 889. Time to celebrate and have a beer tonight and then onto my studies for test number 2

AWESOME MAN! I told you that you would destroy it this time! CONGRATS and Good job! Hey, go all out have more than one beer lol! Good luck on your ICND2 studies, how long did you study for the ICND1 and what is your projected time for the ICND2?
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    somewhat related i suppose....

i've taken 2 tests at the new horizons near me and i THINK for the network+ i may have done same day testing but i'm not sure if i can do that with cisco? does anyone know if i could just walk in and say i want to take icnd1 and do it? everytime i'm there there's hardly anybody in the test room...
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    spartangtr wrote: »
    somewhat related i suppose....

i've taken 2 tests at the new horizons near me and i THINK for the network+ i may have done same day testing but i'm not sure if i can do that with cisco? does anyone know if i could just walk in and say i want to take icnd1 and do it? everytime i'm there there's hardly anybody in the test room...

From my experience its possible to walk in and just take the test. I did it for every test but the project+ beta exam. I suggest calling the day before you want to take the exam and see how many spots they have left to take the exam and tell them that you want to take the test the next day. If they have a few spots open then go when the testing center opens or take it the day you call. They might ask if you want to schedule the test for the next day.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Thanks everyone and I am going to bar tonight so it will be more then one. I studied for about 5 months on and off. I do work with cisco gear and lab. I used cbt nuggets and cisco press books and lab at home. I used packet tracer too. I will be doing more lab for icnd2. I plan to knock it out by may.
  • Options
    Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Congrats!!! feels freakin' awesome to walk out of that test site after passing doesn't it...
  • Options
    yes it does because it actually been a long wait for me. I been wanting to get started in cisco world the last year and always been putting it off because I hear how hard the test is. To be honest with you it was really not that bad either times. This time I had 29 minutes left. Some of the questions though were interesting. I do not want to say much though because do not want to violate NDA.
  • Options
    okay just quick question do i need to do anything at cisco site so i get the information from cisco?
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□

Congrats, man! icon_cheers.gif

Guess it's my turn to pass the ICND1 exam next week. I will make us Jersey men proud.

I know how you feel about the weather in NJ, and we don't plow until it stops snowing. I'm used to snow all the time since I go to school in Rochester, NY.
  • Options
    Yes we do not plow until it stops snowing.
  • Options
    mulcahydmulcahyd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On Feb 6, I took my first 640-822 and scored a 619 than on Feb 20, I retook the exam and scored a 791. My third attempt is March 6.
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    okay just quick question do i need to do anything at cisco site so i get the information from cisco?
    Congratulations.

You should get an email from Cisco within a few days saying "Congratulations on becoming Cisco Cer......". This email should tell you what you need to do next and how to verify your details etc.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    doc hollidaydoc holliday Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So here is the details.

Congrats!!! Nice job icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Still have not gotten email from Cisco. Is there a number I can call?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Still have not gotten email from Cisco. Is there a number I can call?
    Did you check your SPAM filter/folder? Did you double check your Vue accout to make sure you gave Vue the correct email address.

The information to log into the Cisco Certification Tracking site should be on your score report. The email is usually just that same information.

If you can't find the email or log into the Cisco Certification Tracking System, you can head on over to Cisco Certification Online Support. I think I used that once to find the support phone numbers (which was a list of world wide phone numbers by country) -- but you might just start with an online ticket.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!