Does anyone watch the IT Crowd

2»

Comments

• RockinITRockinIT Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IT Crowd is hilarious... I get a kick out of the tshirts Roy wears!
    Courses Completed at WGU:
    Start Date: 10/01/10,

Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC:

EWB2, BAC1, LAT1, LET1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, GTT1, GUT1, TPV1, ABV1, BGV1, TSV1, WDV1, WSV1, BLV1, MGC1, ORC1, TWA1, CPW4
    Classes Transferred:

BBC1, LAE1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    Certifications Held:

In progress!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for bumping this earweed, I'm going to have start watching this show.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's on Tuesday nights on IFC. Don't recall time as I DVR it and watch it later.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What show are you talking about? I have never heard of this IT Crowd. Now let me go back to listening to Cradle of Filth.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    It's on Tuesday nights on IFC. Don't recall time as I DVR it and watch it later.

I like IFC....but this definitely missed my radar.

It's on at 10:30PM EST on IFC. Going home and set the cable to remind me. (Too cheap to pay $10 a month for DVR....and too lazy to build a free one... icon_sad.gif ).

Even if it is British, anything making fun of IT should be a good laugh...or a couple of of these... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It doesn't really make fun of IT that much. It's more a sit com where the characters happen to work in IT. There are occasional IT jokes, mostly making fun of the clueless IT manager, Jen, but usually it isn't generally IT related. This is not British Comedy like Benny Hill or Monty Python. Even my wife enjoys the show and she is a chic lit/romantic comedy type. Some of her favorite shows are Big Bang Theory, How I met your Mother, the Soup, and Chuck - so that should give you an idea of what she likes.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It doesn't really make fun of IT that much. It's more a sit com where the characters happen to work in IT. There are occasional IT jokes, mostly making fun of the clueless IT manager, Jen, but usually it isn't generally IT related. This is not British Comedy like Benny Hill or Monty Python. Even my wife enjoys the show and she is a chic lit/romantic comedy type. Some of her favorite shows are Big Bang Theory, How I met your Mother, the Soup, and Chuck - so that should give you an idea of what she likes.

My own wifey enjoys the Soup...BBT, HIMYM, and Chuck are shows she doesn't like (nor do I....).

Benny Hill was hilarious come to think of it...but it also helped that he had hot chicks...so that was also a bonus. However, I don't care for Monty Python, or its ilk. I tried to sit through it, but I just couldn't. But it sounds like it's universally funny so I'll definitely give it a go. I'm also thinking of stuff like Eastenders or anything like that that will show up on public television on a Saturday evening.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I'm going to have start watching this show.
    A 6 episode season is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    love IT crowd

they went waaay too far for the Windows joke this season, but the bet between Jenn and Roy was hilarious
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Me and my Helpdesk crew started watching them over lunch when someone found them on Netflix as well.

Pretty good show overall. I think most of the humor for us came from each character actually translating verbatim to someone in our office.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    A 6 episode season is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short icon_eek.gif

thats pretty much standard for most british series nowadays due to the stations not having as much money as its US partners due to audience numbers etc.

The IT crowd is a good show though.

You guys should check out the inbetweeners if you like schoolboy comedy :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The IT Crowd is hilarious! I've got my whole office into it. One of my favourite bits is where Roy is explaining to Moss and Jen about how his girlfriend's parents got killed in a fire at Seaworld.
    The Big Bang Theory is also really good and I prefer it to the IT Crowd but I don't think it's well known here in the UK. I have season 3 on pre-order!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod
    I watched the four seasons ! It's hilarious !! My favorite characters = Moss + Rheynom(specially last 2 season)

you should start from the first season to get the jokes :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

IFC is currently running a marathon of the show but it's during the day. I've got almost all the episodes on DVR. Some episodes are really lacking anything funny now that I've watched more of it. Moss will always be funny though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IT Crowd fan here.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    best show i have seen in a while. a bump for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    my avatar is a character from the show. ill leave it for new people to find out.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    best show i have seen in a while. a bump for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    my avatar is a character from the show. ill leave it for new people to find out.

Rheynom icon_lol.gif

You should watch 'The big bang theory' if you haven't already

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Rheynom icon_lol.gif

You should watch 'The big bang theory' if you haven't already
    ah yea my gf made me watch two episodes. liked it alot.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    Katherine Parkinson I on the AMC show Humans. Saw about 5 minutes of I and recognized her from IT crowd.
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good show! Have you tried turning it off and on again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just like all military members watch "Full Metal Jacket" before basic, as an IT guy/gal it is obligated to watch
    The Website Is Down - Sales Guy vs. Web Dude - you tube...

It's been a couple of years since I last watch it and it made me laugh hysterically all over again.
    This thread is 5 yrs old..

years fly by icon_sad.gif