Average Study Time?

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Hey I have a friend looking to get his Network + certification. How long is the average time that is spent to prepare/study for this exam? He has worked in IT for seven years and is very familiar with the content that is on the exam.

Comments

• Dryst999Dryst999 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been working in the industry for 3 months and only other qualifications are the A+ and a bachelors in M.I.S....I started studying for the test on a monday around 3 hours a day, signed up and passed it 5 days later on Saturday with an 880/900. If he's got 7 years experience he probably doesn't even need to study, it's a really basic exam... if you can identify the acronyms and have a very elementary idea of what they do the questions answer themselves pretty much.

I could have passed without any studying probably, only thing that studying really helped me on was cabling specifications in which I had about 10 questions on.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hey I have a friend looking to get his Network + certification. How long is the average time that is spent to prepare/study for this exam? He has worked in IT for seven years and is very familiar with the content that is on the exam.

Your 'friend' should review the objectives and decide how familiar he/she is with them. Then based on that, invest some time into study...enough to know the concepts he/she is rusty on or new to exploring.

Everyone prepares differently, and there is no way any of us could tell your 'friend' how much time he/she will need to invest to prepare.

Recommend they look at the Sybex Net+ text and/or the A-I-O text PLUS the objectives and discern whether 40 hours is enough or if they need 3 months.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If the friend's been in IT for 7 years, he shouldnt be a compTIA exam in the first place, unless it's a company requirement. These exams are entry-level, anyone with more than a year's experience should look at CCNA/MCTS/MCP. Besides the N+ isnt cheap, get more bang for your buck by doing Cisco/MS. Play hard!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com