Amazon taking too long the ship items?

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
With my past experience with Amazon items that I ordered were usually shipped 1 to 2 days within purchase. Recently I placed an order for an 1TB external hd and some other items on Tuesday, I logged in to my account and found out that my items won't even ship until the 22nd!, the items that I purchased from 3rd party sellers on Amazon have all shipped. Has anybody ran into similar issues recently with Amazon?

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Where is the warehouse? There is this slight problem with the U.S. having the worst winter in decades. They may simply be out of stock, trains not moving, air travel messed up, semi's trying to do triple axle's on the highway etc.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Where is the warehouse? There is this slight problem with the U.S. having the worst winter in decades. They may simply be out of stock, trains not moving, air travel messed up, semi's trying to do triple axle's on the highway etc.
    How can you tell which warehouse it is coming from? All of the items that I have ordered said that it was in stock.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I ordered a book from them on Tuesday, standard shipping, and it's in UPS's hands, set to be delivered today. 3rd party sellers don't use amazon's logistics chain, so what they do in relation to the company itself is irrelevant. As others have mentioned, it's probably just the weather. That, or they actually had to wait for some stock to get in (computerized inventory is good, but it's not perfect, and rarely up to the minute accurate)
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never really had any issue getting books from Amazon - they almost always arrive in 2-3 business days. In fact I just received my CWNA and CWSP books yesterday and I ordered those Tuesday.

On the flip side, I also ordered them with "Green Eyes and Black Rifles: Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine" which has not arrived yet - probably some delay with that one while I'm added to some government watch list :D
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @msteinhilber: He he he, Government Watch List icon_lol.gif I think just owning a Carbine probably qualifies you and me for that.

How is that MSIA going?

@OP: I have never had any trouble with Amazon.com myself. I prefer to buy new books from Amazon new since I can get such good deals.
  • exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @msteinhilber: He he he, Government Watch List icon_lol.gif I think just owning a Carbine probably qualifies you and me for that.

How is that MSIA going?

@OP: I have never had any trouble with Amazon.com myself. I prefer to buy new books from Amazon new since I can get such good deals.

I got my Net+ study guide from them last year and it came fairly fast, I guess it takes longer for non-book items.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I usually get everything with Amazon Prime in two days, but a video game was pushed back a couple of days this week. Just seems to be a transitory problem; I'm very satisfied with their service overall.