Options

Schedule Network+ for March 1st.

msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
Not an exam I initially had on my roadmap but one that is required as part of the MSIAS program at WGU. Good thing is it's all review so I'm not investing much time into studying for this one.

The most painful and annoying process of getting ready to sit this exam... the 45 minutes I had to spend to stumble through Prometric's awful website to get the exam scheduled :D

Comments

• Options
    Bruin711Bruin711 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not an exam I initially had on my roadmap but one that is required as part of the MSIAS program at WGU. Good thing is it's all review so I'm not investing much time into studying for this one.

The most painful and annoying process of getting ready to sit this exam... the 45 minutes I had to spend to stumble through Prometric's awful website to get the exam scheduled :D

I agree, I can't stand Prometric's website. Pearson Vue's website is much much better, I wish I could schedule all of my exams through them.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

That's just a sign you need to take more exams and simply bookmark the exam page ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Good luck. That gives you a couple of weeks to cram.

I agree about the web site. As a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) I get a discount on any Microsoft tests I take. However, I can't get the discount using the web site. I have to call. It's not quite 45 minutes on the phone, but it seems like it's harder than it needs to be.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Blog
  • Options
    dkirkdkirk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have scheduled the exam for 03/01 as well...

I have read the Todd Lammle N+ study guide for the N10-004 and feel good about the flashcards and the practices tests included (about 400 questions included, pretty sweet..)

I have taken the practice tests and read through the TechNotes posted on this site even though they are for the N10-003...

I am now skimming through the Mike Myers N+ 4th edition book...

Any other recommended study guides??

Which book would you rate better the Lammle or the Myers??
  • Options
    dkirk wrote: »
    I have scheduled the exam for 03/01 as well...

I have read the Todd Lammle N+ study guide for the N10-004 and feel good about the flashcards and the practices tests included (about 400 questions included, pretty sweet..)

I have taken the practice tests and read through the TechNotes posted on this site even though they are for the N10-003...

I am now skimming through the Mike Myers N+ 4th edition book...

Any other recommended study guides??

Which book would you rate better the Lammle or the Myers??

Good luck to you. I don't really have any suggestions for books to be honest. I haven't read through any Network+ books yet, I have the CompTIA Press Network+ Certification Guide (Instructor Edition) that WGU sent me as part of the program and I'll probably skim through that and read some areas I'm not as well versed in with a bit more care.

I'm finishing up the TestOut Network+ Labsim now (also provided by WGU) and will get started on looking through the book in the next few days. Again, I'm really not investing as much rigor on studying for this one as I would another exam because I've been working in the industry long enough and have covered enough other books with similar content (CCNA studies) that it is a lot of review.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to you. I don't really have any suggestions for books to be honest. I haven't read through any Network+ books yet, I have the CompTIA Press Network+ Certification Guide (Instructor Edition) that WGU sent me as part of the program and I'll probably skim through that and read some areas I'm not as well versed in with a bit more care.

I'm finishing up the TestOut Network+ Labsim now (also provided by WGU) and will get started on looking through the book in the next few days. Again, I'm really not investing as much rigor on studying for this one as I would another exam because I've been working in the industry long enough and have covered enough other books with similar content (CCNA studies) that it is a lot of review.

I believe you will kill that thing pretty easily. Network+ was not nearly on the same level as CCNA and even someone who did CCNA studies should be able to kill the N+ pretty easily.

I think the most difficult part of the N+ was cable lengths and connectors ( I have no experience laying able in an enterprise setting and the only nics I have used is have all been modern nics). You should do well though.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    I believe you will kill that thing pretty easily. Network+ was not nearly on the same level as CCNA and even someone who did CCNA studies should be able to kill the N+ pretty easily.

I think the most difficult part of the N+ was cable lengths and connectors ( I have no experience laying able in an enterprise setting and the only nics I have used is have all been modern nics). You should do well though.
    Good luck!

That's what my thinking is. Although exams that I know *should* be easy for my skill level I tend to over study for a bit. It would be mighty embarrassing to fail it :D