Options

Need help choosing certification!

mangiacapramangiacapra Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm new here, I'll be graduating with IT in coming april. I have MCSE and I wish to take another certification which would give an advantage in seeking for a job.
My interest in career is network administration part, not network engineer but i just want to take more certification as advantage.
Shall i go for CCNA ?
What would you guys recommend me to take ?

Comments

• Options
    IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would go for MCITP:EA. It's an upgrade to your MSCE. If you all ready have vista, it should only require two exams.
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As stated, MCITP:EA is a logical step to take. Remember to also diversify in vendors; work towards a CCNA at some point. Also get ITIL on your resume. It's fairly easy and recruiters seem to love it.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Security based certs can help. ITIL is worth looking into, and if you have the money to spend on the course, consider a VMware certification.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi all,

I'm new here, I'll be graduating with IT in coming april. I have MCSE and I wish to take another certification which would give an advantage in seeking for a job.
    My interest in career is network administration part, not network engineer but i just want to take more certification as advantage.
    Shall i go for CCNA ?
    What would you guys recommend me to take ?

It depends on what you want to do. IF you want to be a sysadmin go for MCITP:EA or EMA or even EST.

If you want to branch out into linux, you could try Linux+ or LPIC-1

If you want to get into storage and virtualization go for SCSP and VCP.

If you want to "round" your resume with some networking certs go for CCENT/CCNA maybe even CCNA:security

Security+ is also a good one.