Anybody use a Barracuda?

Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
A couple customers have them and we use one in-house as well.

Never seen one before this job but they are pretty cool and really easy to configure.

Comments

• phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    A couple customers have them and we use one in-house as well.

Never seen one before this job but they are pretty cool and really easy to configure.

We used their spam filter at a bank I used to work for. Very very easy to use. Which appliance do you have?
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    The 300 anti-spam
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great device. I work for a company who provides managed services to about 300 clients. We run several clients through our Barracuda. it is extremely easy to configure and works well.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    yep, we have 2 of the 400 units - They filter email for about 2500 mailboxes and do an EXCELLENT job!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    I had one for a year. When maintenance & support lapsed, I moved to Postini. The Barracuda I had was slower than dirt (the management interface that is....). I like to spooling service from Postini too.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Used the spam filter and we currently run the mail archive
  • 4E65644E6564 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We ran a couple of them at my last job. Definitely met our expectations!
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They worked well for us, we ended up taking our 300 out though and switched to a hosted solution (Securence) to decrease the amount of bandwidth consumed as our e-mail servers are only on a 10mb connection. Have it sitting at home in my rack contemplating what to do with it now.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    The barracuda is "OK". The 300 we have is SLOW. 1 minute per page load in the web interface, even when the system has no emailing going through it. Some software versions ago it became slow.