Options

Whitepapers

up2thetimeup2thetime Member Posts: 154
I was reading through the forums, and it seems like many people find whitepapers to be helpful. Tried searching on Google for "cisco whitepapers," but I am getting random things and whitepapers on random topics ect.

Can someone please tell me what the whitepapers are... but more importantly, where do I find them all? Is it like an online library?

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    in cisco terms, white papers are generally the documents published by cisco that detail features and how to configure them or scenarios and how you can configure around them, so on and so forth. it's fairly synonymous with vendor documentation

as far as where to find them? cisco.com

there's ALOT of good documentation on cisco.com, but let's just say there should be a certification for navigating their site

Cisco Connection Documentation

That is one of the most useful links in the world, and pretty much anyone who wants to become a CCIE is *very* familiar with it, and how to navigate it
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're probably referring to RFCs. For example, this is the RFC for private IP addressing: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1918.txt?number=1918

Cisco specific information can be found here: Select Your Product or Technology - Product/Technology Support - Cisco Systems (products > IOS).
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco Connection Documentation

That is one of the most useful links in the world, and pretty much anyone who wants to become a CCIE is *very* familiar with it, and how to navigate it
    Didn't you get the memo? That's the "old link" -- though I still think it's way easier to find things there then the lobotomy (the link in dynamiks post) they are foisting off as "Documentation" now.

But to be fair, since they've shuffled around docs, the 2 or 3 redirects per document you'll hit in the "old link" probably make the total clicks about the same now. icon_rolleyes.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Which one are they giving you during the lab now? As far as I knew, it was still the link I posted.

edit: son of a <bleep> I did miss the memo. Time to change my home page!