Options

CCNA: Voice

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Greetings All:

Anyone have any suggestions for a basic voice lab. So far I have plans for this:

1 1760 router
1 3550 switch
2 7940s

I am not sure what wics I need for the NA:voice though

Since I already have 3 1721s, 2 2950s, and 1 2610 (non xm) would that be enough?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have the CCNA Voice book in new condition. Its in perfect condition , i bought it and shelved it. However the only flaw is i opened the CDrom in the back. PM if your interested.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    knwminus wrote: »
    Greetings All:

Anyone have any suggestions for a basic voice lab. So far I have plans for this:

1 1760 router
    1 3550 switch
    2 7940s

I am not sure what wics I need for the NA:voice though

Since I already have 3 1721s, 2 2950s, and 1 2610 (non xm) would that be enough?
    Looks reasonable enough. I don't think you really need the 3550 switch for voice but as you intend to move on to CCNP stuff soon then why not, I got a couple and they are very good. Look out for an EMI PoE model if you can. I know the PoE cost more but you would probably make up the difference not having to buy power injectors / power bricks for the phones, unless you manage to find phones with them included.

The 3550 SMI can be upgrade to EMI if you have access to the IOS image for it (licensing issues aside).

Oh, all the "cheap" switches out there support Cisco Pre Standard Inline PoE which operates slightly different to the later 802.3af IEEE standard. Earlier phones like the 7940 support it but some of the later phones don't.

I'll try and post my CCNA V study notes up later.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    mikem2te wrote: »
    Looks reasonable enough. I don't think you really need the 3550 switch for voice but as you intend to move on to CCNP stuff soon then why not, I got a couple and they are very good. Look out for an EMI PoE model if you can. I know the PoE cost more but you would probably make up the difference not having to buy power injectors / power bricks for the phones, unless you manage to find phones with them included.

The 3550 SMI can be upgrade to EMI if you have access to the IOS image for it (licensing issues aside).

Oh, all the "cheap" switches out there support Cisco Pre Standard Inline PoE which operates slightly different to the later 802.3af IEEE standard. Earlier phones like the 7940 support it but some of the later phones don't.

I'll try and post my CCNA V study notes up later.

I do want to start the CCNP this year so I will get some 3550s. I guess the only thing I need to do now is simply pick the wics and such.