Options

Interview

13»

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    I got the sub contract job with geeks on the way. Now time for the network analysis

Congratz! I know it's not what you want, but it's a job, and you weren't so proud that you wouldn't take it. Good for you... :)
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    May I ask what do you wear on the interview day?
    Do you wear a suit or just dress shirt with tie?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thehourman wrote: »
    May I ask what do you wear on the interview day?
    Do you wear a suit or just dress shirt with tie?

Dress shirt and tie. Haven't owned/worn a suit in years.
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    What color combination you have shirt, tie and pants? I know the shoes got to be black and shinny.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    thehourman wrote: »
    What color combination you have shirt, tie and pants? I know the shoes got to be black and shinny.

Black shoes and belt. Gray pants and white shirt with a red tie I believe.
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congratz on the job. Maybe by the end of the month the other will work out.
  • Options
    citinerd wrote: »
    Congratz on the job. Maybe by the end of the month the other will work out.

I am going to give them a call in a few minutes. I emailed them the other day (no response) and I really need to know whats up because I have school and I may need to change some classes around.

This part of the process always kills me because its like you can get lost in the phantom hr zone. Oh well. It could be kind of risky to call them but I just have to know.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am going to give them a call in a few minutes. I emailed them the other day (no response) and I really need to know whats up because I have school and I may need to change some classes around.

This part of the process always kills me because its like you can get lost in the phantom hr zone. Oh well. It could be kind of risky to call them but I just have to know.

Good luck either way!
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Good luck either way!

Apparently they just finish their first round of interviews and are going to be contacting people about their second interviews next week. He wouldn't tell me whether or not I was chosen for the 2nd interview. IMO the phone call made me look weak but idk anymore. I guess I will find out next week. I am not sure how close I can cut the class schedule. If I can find something out by next Friday I should be ok but anytime after that.....

With the other job things are moving forward. I have been sent my welcome package and we are going from there. I am going to have to go downtown and get a background check .
  • Options

Apparently they just finish their first round of interviews and are going to be contacting people about their second interviews next week. He wouldn't tell me whether or not I was chosen for the 2nd interview. IMO the phone call made me look weak but idk anymore. I guess I will find out next week. I am not sure how close I can cut the class schedule. If I can find something out by next Friday I should be ok but anytime after that.....

With the other job things are moving forward. I have been sent my welcome package and we are going from there. I am going to have to go downtown and get a background check .

Do they already know you are in a new job? To be honest unless the second option is so much better I would be inclined to stay *as is* now even if you do get a second offer. There is a possibility that the second company may find out that you worked a short time at the first and then bailed.
  • Options
    Do they already know you are in a new job? To be honest unless the second option is so much better I would be inclined to stay *as is* now even if you do get a second offer. There is a possibility that the second company may find out that you worked a short time at the first and then bailed.

The 1st company (the job I want) is a full time IT position working at a local company. The second job (the one that offered me the position ) is a contracts based part time support position that is a bit like geek squad but much more involved. They cannot/do not offer a set salary or schedule (besides the hours I say that are ok for me to work). I really need them both but the full time one would work out much better money wise.
  • Options
    The 1st company (the job I want) is a full time IT position working at a local company. The second job (the one that offered me the position ) is a contracts based part time support position that is a bit like geek squad but much more involved. They cannot/do not offer a set salary or schedule (besides the hours I say that are ok for me to work). I really need them both but the full time one would work out much better money wise.

Ok well really sounds like the 1st company you are waiting on for 2nd interview really is a better deal then.
  • Options
    Ok well really sounds like the 1st company you are waiting on for 2nd interview really is a better deal then.

You ain't lying.

I guess I need to just wait on an answer from the 1st place. I'll keep updating..
  • Options
    This lady called me from a local tech recruiting firm, on a Sunday(!!!). I almost didn't know what to say but once we started talking I understood why she did. They really are trying to fill a slot for a network engineer for one of their clients. The position requirements seemed doable and the drive wouldn't be to bad. I sent her my resume (she saw mine on dice or something) and said she is going to talk to the client tomorrow. Lets see what happens next.
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Good luck man :)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.