Options

Need some encouragement

DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
Im gonna be taking the Network + Exam next month. I've read 14 chapters of the Network + Book, I work in a NOC. I frequently go over the Network + Technotes questions.

I am a little nervous for 2 reasons...

I need this cert to help kickstart my "certifiable knowledge" in my networking career so I'm putting alot of pressure on this.

Plus I dont wanna fail (obviously) but I just want to a heads up on where I should focus my study time toward mostly. Which Topic?

Thanks guys! your great!

Comments

• Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may want to look at some practice tests. I've had good luck with Ucertify's products as a last minute review.

But you just need to keep your cool and try not to psych yourself out.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Im gonna be taking the Network + Exam next month. I've read 14 chapters of the Network + Book, I work in a NOC. I frequently go over the Network + Technotes questions.

I am a little nervous for 2 reasons...

I need this cert to help kickstart my "certifiable knowledge" in my networking career so I'm putting alot of pressure on this.

Plus I dont wanna fail (obviously) but I just want to a heads up on where I should focus my study time toward mostly. Which Topic?

Thanks guys! your great!

- Review the objectives.
    - Invest time in the areas of the objectives you feel you need more review.
    - Failing happens. Don't focus on it. If you do, you'll reschedule and retake the exam.
    - Get as much hands-on experience as you are able.
    - skip the practice tests.

Which book are you using? Meyers? Or Sybex? Both are very useful.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's only a test. It's only a test. It's only a test. Granted, it's annoyingly expensive for what you get, but at least it will still be "permanent."

If you do try practice exams, make sure you allow enough time so that you can review the topics for questions that give you problems.

Running through practice questions until you memorize them only helps you learn answers to specific questions, not the topic -- which is what you want to know. If you miss a practice question on a topic, review the entire topic -- you want to answer ANY question about the topic a good (passing) % of the time.

Suck it up. Step it up. Take your best shot.
    That's all we expect you to do.

The only exams that count are the ones you pass -- so do your best to make this one count.

You have a whole month to un-psych yourself out icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!