CCNA Exam Passed

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Study time 5 weeks

Used TestOut CBT's and the Trainsignal CBT with you know who. On this one both were valuable.

Book - Cisco Networking 4th Ed - Iffy at best, not much detail.

Used free router emulation software. I wasn't going to make an investment. It's all I needed for this exam.

I was given 90 and I did it in 30.

Subnetting/VLSM/Access Lists/RIP2/Frame relay. Sims were not all that much of a big deal but you still need to practice certain setups.

My concern was time management so I motored thru. If I would have taken more time I probably would have received a better score but you can't go back for review so what the hell, as it was I received an 860. No glory there.

It came down to the fact that I just had to write the exam - Listening to you know who just about put me over the edge and I just couldn't keep it up any longer.

Listening to the hype about this exam over the years didn't do me any good and as it turned out it wasn't really justified either.

Flipped flopped over the 2 ICND or 1 CCNA - I have written enough exams and couldn't justify the extra work.

Next up MS 70-632/633 then RHCE = I am done !!!

Now it's off to party at the Olympics !!!

Comments

• blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Congrats on the pass.

"You know who" - got his series for CCNA:S, used him for the CCNA but never heard his voice before this, yawn!

WOW - Finished in 30 mins!

Is your day to day work Cisco routers and switches?
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Now it's off to party at the Olympics !!!
    Now THAT sounds like a Celebration!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! 30 minutes... that's very impressive... especially after 5 weeks of study time. What's next for you?
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • GrayhenTorGrayhenTor Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! Crikey, 30 minutes ! That is quite something...
    ( Please tell us you work with Cisco routers day to day in your job.. )

Congrats on the ice hockey result too!

Go and get smashed now. That's an order.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What was the free emulation software you used? I am interested in checking this out if you can recommend it. Thank you and congrats on passing your CCNA!
  • brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • muonmuon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    five weeks study time?

i've been studying @ my cisco networking academy for almost a year getting ready for this ccna test !! lol
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Why self study is the way to go...a year ...thats along time, you want to crack the exam in a moderate time frame, so you retain everything from the beginning to end when you go to take the exam.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • muonmuon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hexem wrote: »
    Why self study is the way to go...a year ...thats along time, you want to crack the exam in a moderate time frame, so you retain everything from the beginning to end when you go to take the exam.

thats how long the cisco academy is. first course is network fundamentals, second is routing, thrid is switches, and the last course is WAN. the whole course sequence takes a year.

hmmm... five weeks still blows my mind icon_study.gif