Ccna

john55john55 Banned Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wonder what is the best way to study CCNA? becuase i don't want to fail the first time. thanks anyway.:)

Comments

• impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Study, study,study, lab practice, lab practice, lab practice, flash cards and exam simulation. There is not short way.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    john55 wrote: »
    Wonder what is the best way to study CCNA? becuase i don't want to fail the first time. thanks anyway.:)

Study and lab like crazy. Understand the material and be able to put the concepts together. Just like anything practice (and studying) makes perfect.
  • gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    impelse wrote: »
    Study, study,study, lab practice, lab practice, lab practice, flash cards and exam simulation. There is not short way.

nice advice i going to take my exam in a few months so where can i get some of those flashcards and what book and simulator do you recommend me

:D
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    john55 wrote: »

No one wants to fail the first time. Just study hard for CCENT and build a lab. Then go for ICND2, same procedure.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you created your own flash cards when you study, also you can find more flash cards in Flashcards: The world's largest library of printable flash cards (I created there mines) When you buy a simulation exam like transcender or selftestsoftware, they have flash cards too.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    The biggest difficulty I found on the CCNA was mostly because the lack of depth of most concepts. For me, it is really hard to understand something when the concepts behind it are not explained. I found myself rereading a lot of chapters that are now so easy to understand in my BCMSN and BSCI studies.

My advice for you to not get stuck in the way I did is to get Todd Lamle's book, the Sybex CCNA and learn it inside out. For the topics that you are not sure when you are done go to cisco.com and download the configuration guide of the topic. When you really know the review questions and have done all the labs for the chapter you'll be ready for the exam.

Some people say there are other better books. I read the ICND 1 and 2, The Official certification library by W. Odom and Sybex CCNA and while all have good and bad things, as a one source material i think there is no comparisson between the three: Sybex CCNA is better to prepare you for the exam.

Learn it inside out and you'll kill the exam. I took the two exam route and i know for a fact that I didnt NEED anything else than Lamle's book.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.