Options

Internet connection still down......more help needed please!

PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Right i need help!

My friend can send emails via outlook and also via NTL world.
However when she clicks on her internet icon on her desktop, nothing happens not even a page saying it cant connect.

When she goes to start, then clicks on INTERNET nothing happens.

Her provider says that they have checked her connection and its ok and that it must be her computer.

Has anyone any idea whats going on????

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    She managed to get on the internet twice this morning...however it only lasted for about 2 minutes. Come on guys i need help here! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Will you give us more info on her setup. Is she using DSL or Cable, what OS. What browswer. Things like that. Is she using a router, wireless? More info is needed.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    scan the PC for spyware/adware.

I would recommend ad-aware or Spybot.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try running winsocket , i think thats what it is called and if that don't work try hijackthis. and also make sure u check and see if she has any firewalls like norton security and see if the settings are set to high. also check her network settings and make sure they are all set correctly and go to device manager and make sure her network driver is installed correctly and another on is not on there interfering with it.
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    If she's using IE 5, she should try and get IE 6. If she recently changed her browser settings, then she'd better check that. Also try uninstalling and reconfiguring the internet settings. If that doesnt help, then its time to weigh the pros and cons of installing a new OS icon_cry.gif . Hope this helps.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    Cheers for all the help guys. I havent heard from her in about 2 hours. When she last mailed she said she got a blue screen. This must be the Blue Screen of Death!
    Her computer must have had it then.