Options

Windows 7

I was really hesitant of moving to Windows 7 because I don't like the way MS changed the dialog windows.
Example: when you go to desktop properties, in XP and all other version, you would get a window with tabs.
In Vista and 7 you get a whole entire paragraph.

I wonder if there's a way to get just the window with tabs back?
I really liked just the window with tabs better.

But overall, I think I LOVE Windows 7.
Its so nice with their new features.
What do you guys/gals think of Windows 7?

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been reading Windows 7 inside out for some time now, from the book I learned that with the page you refer to you get the powerful search box in the upper right corner, try to use it and you will love it!

for example you want to change the resolution, type resolution in the box and you will get the option immediately!

Same thing for any other option you will need from the control panel.

Note:

you can get the same results from the start menu search box.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    I have been reading Windows 7 inside out for some time now, from the book I learned that with the page you refer to you get the powerful search box in the upper right corner, try to use it and you will love it!

for example you want to change the resolution, type resolution in the box and you will get the option immediately!

Same thing for any other option you will need from the control panel.

Note:

you can get the same results from the start menu search box.
    The search box is similar to the one in Thunderbird and I really like it. I don't use it much in the Control Panel, but I use it frequently when looking for files or folders. What I don't like is the Control Panel... it is hard to find things and I often have to use the search box to find what I need. The "God Mode" trick is pretty nice, so I use that instead.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The search box is similar to the one in Thunderbird and I really like it. I don't use it much in the Control Panel, but I use it frequently when looking for files or folders. What I don't like is the Control Panel... it is hard to find things and I often have to use the search box to find what I need. The "God Mode" trick is pretty nice, so I use that instead.

Check this out :D, again from the same book :D

Canonical Names of Control Panel Items