Options

Getting back to job hunting.

msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've been taking a break from job seeking since around September of 09 to get my head back on straight and spend some time to reflect courtesy of news of joining the ~50% of first marriages that end in divorce.

Ended up applying at a place which is a popular software vendor for the health-care industry and had the phone interview last week. I really didn't know what to expect after that, it was one of those that didn't really seem to go well partly because the place takes education very seriously and it seemed like the interviewer thought it was odd I didn't know my test scores from high school (ASVAB in my case) as well as finding it striking that I didn't take the GMAT to get into WGU for my MSIA program.

I must have been somewhat acceptable though, they would like me to come back for an assessment involving my choice of a programming language or simply pseudo code as it's something they use to gauge logic and problem solving abilities and not necessarily one's knowledge of a particular programming language. Position would involve working within *nix environments and doing some coding for monitoring and utility scripts.

Hoping I get a change in employment soon here :)

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Fresh start. That's what you need.

Best of luck
    Kam.
  • Options
    SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Fresh start. That's what you need.

Best of luck

Best of luck! How's your resume look? When I was looking for a job last I was amazed at how much more feedback I received after overhauling my resume.
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA