Options

Two job interviews in the next two days

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
I finally got calls to come into interviews tomorrow and Thursday...about time. Here's my question...what if tomorrow's job hires me (or has the indication to) but I still have the interview on Thursday, should I attend Thursday's interview to hear what he has to offer? Or explain that a new opportunity arrived and I can't do the interview...

I was leaning towards going to the interview anyways because there is no guarantee I got the job for the interview I have first...but what if both jobs are interested? What do you guys think?

Anyways, wish me luck guys!

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Go to both. Why would you lower your chances for success by only going to one? If they both offer you a job, take which ever one you think would be best for you. Nothing wrong with looking for multiple opportunities.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Good Luck!

I would go to both. If the first job calls you with an offer before you go to second job, you don't have to give an answer right away. If that does happen, it can be a great ego boost for the second interview.
  • Options
    SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    Go to both. Why would you lower your chances for success by only going to one? If they both offer you a job, take which ever one you think would be best for you. Nothing wrong with looking for multiple opportunities.

This.

Best of luck!
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Unless you blow their socks off, it's probably going to take a few days for either company to get back to you.
  • Options
    Update on the first interview:

The first interview was scheduled for 2 PM with the IT manager. I drove about half hour from my house only to learn that there has been some "miscommunication" and I found out that it was going to be a phone interview instead (kind of felt frustrated that I got dressed and everything and drive there instead of sitting at home) So I had to drive all the way back home and expect a phone call from the IT manager. This was my first time doing a phone interview and it went pretty well IMO, he had a few minor technical questions for me and I did fairly well at them (few questions regarding Group policy and AD). After that I asked him a few questions about the job itself. The one thing that concerned me is that neither of us mentioned anything about salary information (and it wasn't included in the application information), I didn't think it was right for me to mention during my questioning and he didn't mention it either....is this a good thing or bad thing? Although, I respected that he did apologize that we couldn't do it in person though.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Update on the first interview:

The first interview was scheduled for 2 PM with the IT manager. I drove about half hour from my house only to learn that there has been some "miscommunication" and I found out that it was going to be a phone interview instead (kind of felt frustrated that I got dressed and everything and drive there instead of sitting at home) So I had to drive all the way back home and expect a phone call from the IT manager. This was my first time doing a phone interview and it went pretty well IMO, he had a few minor technical questions for me and I did fairly well at them (few questions regarding Group policy and AD). After that I asked him a few questions about the job itself. The one thing that concerned me is that neither of us mentioned anything about salary information (and it wasn't included in the application information), I didn't think it was right for me to mention during my questioning and he didn't mention it either....is this a good thing or bad thing? Although, I respected that he did apologize that we couldn't do it in person though.

damn bro....kinda messed up about the mix up. its funny you should make this thread tho. I had a job interview yesterday(my 3rd with that company), and had a job interview last wk with another company(my 2nd with that one), and had a phone interview today with a new company and they want me to come in for an in-person interview 2morrow. Now the company I had been on the interview 3 times with, just gave me an offer, and I believe I'll probably get an offer from the other one also. but all that is contingent upon me passing the background check, which i'm sure i will, but i'm not goin to take anything to chance, and i'm goin to go on the interview 2morrow and see what that company is about, and what they might have to offer.

but best of luck to you man
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    Just got back from the second interview and it wasn't what I expected...This was supposed to be a Help Desk Support position but when he was giving me an overview he mentioned that this position wasn't a full time position and that he only needed a tech for maybe a full week and after that on a per diem basis...just doing minor things such as swapping out HDDs and upgrading OS'. Not really an ongoing support idea.. Wasn't happy at all after I heard that (I didnt show it though). It was a very small office and not many users (none were in at the time). All in all when I applied to this position it did say full time basis but I guess it was the poster's mistake or someone did it to get more applicants. So I am hoping I mostly get a call from the first interview instead of the second.
  • Options
    gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would go to both and make sure you secure at least one of them.. I cant tell you how many jobs I have got the indication or even told I was their man and hadnt heard nothing from them but we are still working on it or fininshing interviews all this and that so dont limit yourself go to them both and see what they have to say
    G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Sorry the second one wasn't what you thought it would be. I hate when the job description on the ad is missing those details.
  • Options
    Just got back from the second interview and it wasn't what I expected...This was supposed to be a Help Desk Support position but when he was giving me an overview he mentioned that this position wasn't a full time position and that he only needed a tech for maybe a full week and after that on a per diem basis...just doing minor things such as swapping out HDDs and upgrading OS'. Not really an ongoing support idea.. Wasn't happy at all after I heard that (I didnt show it though). It was a very small office and not many users (none were in at the time). All in all when I applied to this position it did say full time basis but I guess it was the poster's mistake or someone did it to get more applicants. So I am hoping I mostly get a call from the first interview instead of the second.

damn son...thats sucks yo.
    yo, wat exactly are you looking for? Desktop Support/HelpDesk??
    anyways, look in nyc.craigslist and also indeed.com(do the advanced searching)...
    Link Me
  • Options
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    damn son...thats sucks yo.
    yo, wat exactly are you looking for? Desktop Support/HelpDesk??
    anyways, look in nyc.craigslist and also indeed.com(do the advanced searching)...

Yeah I am looking for anything in the lines of that, also some field tech work wouldnt hurt either. I started looking on Craigslist actually, good postings but they never get back to me (am I doing something wrong?)
    And Indeed is another one I just started looking at as well.
  • Options
    Yeah I am looking for anything in the lines of that, also some field tech work wouldnt hurt either. I started looking on Craigslist actually, good postings but they never get back to me (am I doing something wrong?)
    And Indeed is another one I just started looking at as well.

i've got call backs from places i've applied to on craigslist....and indeed i get the company name & sites from there....thats where i got one of my offers right now....

i'm assuming you have experience right? and do you also include a cover letter when you apply to jobs whether thru email or on the job app site?
    Link Me
  • Options
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    i've got call backs from places i've applied to on craigslist....and indeed i get the company name & sites from there....thats where i got one of my offers right now....

i'm assuming you have experience right? and do you also include a cover letter when you apply to jobs whether thru email or on the job app site?

Yes I do have experience...just under 2 years. And yes I ALWAYS include a cover letter even if it doesn't state if I have to.