So I was at Walmart looking at laptops

PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
I was looking at a nice Dell, which I can't get until my old Dell dies, which it won't.
Anyway, a girl was looking at the laptops and the walmart associate was telling her that the RAM was the D: drive. Normally, I would keep going, but decided to help her out. I explained the differences to her and she picked something else.

Just wanted to share icon_wink.gif

Comments

• mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wish my RAM was the D: drive. That would give me 160GB of RAM. icon_smile.gif
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Normally, I would keep going, but decided to help her out. I explained the differences to her and she picked something else.

Is this how us geeks are trying to pickup the chicks these days? :D

Did it work?? ;)
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was looking at a nice Dell, which I can't get until my old Dell dies, which it won't.
    Anyway, a girl was looking at the laptops and the walmart associate was telling her that the RAM was the D: drive. Normally, I would keep going, but decided to help her out. I explained the differences to her and she picked something else.

Just wanted to share icon_wink.gif

I dont know about the rest of you but I hate going stores cause the sales reps don't know anything. I used to go with my dad when he needed something and found it funny when he asked them a question or about a function of one of their products and they tell him that it doesn't exist or is not possible when I know that it does exist and that it is very possible. I've always hated the way the way geek squad and all those other "in-store techs" think they know everything especially when you know alot more then them. They care more about selling there unnecessary service then actually helping the customers. The only real requirement to get one of those jobs is to be able to speak and know 1% more then the average customer.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□

Did it work?? ;)

I am married and her rather large husband was standing there. I did manage to get a dirty look from the "knowledgeable" associate :D
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    I dont know about the rest of you but I hate going stores cause the sales reps don't know anything. I used to go with my dad when he needed something and found it funny when he asked them a question or about a function of one of their products and they tell him that it doesn't exist or is not possible when I know that it does exist and that it is very possible. I've always hated the way the way geek squad and all those other "in-store techs" think they know everything especially when you know alot more then them. They care more about selling there unnecessary service then actually helping the customers. The only real requirement to get one of those jobs is to be able to speak and know 1% more then the average customer.

I went with my niece to get a laptop from Best Buy. The salesman was very pushy about the service contracts, especially the one with the batter replacement and the "over 100 vista hacks" to make it run better.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    qwertyiop wrote: »

Dunno why it jacks you up lots. At the end of the day if those people didnt exist a lot of us would find trouble getting the real gigs?
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    When I was a lad I got a Commodore 64 which had a thin cable going to the screen. Within a week it was knackered so I went to the shop on a Saturday afternoon when it was very busy. As I expected, being so young they ignored me at first then tried to fob me off but I stuck at it.

Eventually this sales woman said to get a wire coat hanger and unravel it and stick one end in the back of the C64 and the other in the back of the tv. That was probably about the first time I realised, sales assistants really don't have a clue. Initially I was staggered at just how rediculous her answer was but then proceeded to get very, very loud until they stumped up a new cable as lots of other people were leaving the store fast.
    Kam.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□

Did it work?? ;)
    Dear Penthouse...
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I did manage to get a dirty look from the "knowledgeable" associate :D

Always a plus :D
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I'm sure the D: drive is randomly accessed! icon_lol.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    arwes wrote: »
    Well I'm sure the D: drive is randomly accessed! icon_lol.gif

Clearly the Walmart associate was an uber-geek and that was a top of the line notebook with numerous massive number into the megajiggasuperbytes of RAM and the D: partition was a massive blazing fast ram-drive.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Clearly the Walmart associate was an uber-geek and that was a top of the line notebook with numerous massive number into the megajiggasuperbytes of RAM and the D: partition was a massive blazing fast ram-drive.

I'll take one of those and a cup of those popcorn shrimp they have at the checkouts.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod

Did it work?? ;)

LOL icon_lol.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com