Options

Starting New Job

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
So after a month of back and forth interviews and a face to face, I finally landed this job I was hoping for. I'll be a Linux admin (finally getting away from the windows world), and they have a security department which I get grow into. It sounds pretty exciting and I'll get to work with some cool technologies (cisco, vmware esx, and work in the data center). Hoping to really get my hands dirty at this place with different technologies and get out of dealing with users all day.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds awesome man. Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Glad to hear things are working out for you. Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This sounds awesome. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds like a great step upwards. Congrats on the move.

Incidentally, I hate interview processes that are spread across a whole month. I find it
    hard to validate so much time off from work. And it may not work out either.
  • Options
    hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    Don't screw this up man!
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    get out of dealing with users all day.
    WhooHoo!! icon_cheers.gif Congratulations!! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So after a month of back and forth interviews and a face to face, I finally landed this job I was hoping for. I'll be a Linux admin (finally getting away from the windows world), and they have a security department which I get grow into. It sounds pretty exciting and I'll get to work with some cool technologies (cisco, vmware esx, and work in the data center). Hoping to really get my hands dirty at this place with different technologies and get out of dealing with users all day.

Cool. Does this mean you will be not finishing you MCSE and going for the LPIC and RHCE or will you will still do it?
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Cool. Does this mean you will be not finishing you MCSE and going for the LPIC and RHCE or will you will still do it?

I will still be finishing because as fate would have it their data center is actually all Windows servers and they just recently moved to Linux so one of the tasks I'll have is to finish migrating the 200+ servers over. Although I have been studying more the for linux certs lately I do need to finish my MCSE as I keep putting it off.

And thanks everyone! :D
  • Options
    prdemonprdemon Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats man. thats my ultimate goal as well, mainly support linux as everyday i find myself using my linux boxes more than my windows boxes.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds awesome! Good job landing it