Options

Rip routes through frame-relay ???

gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
so i am using packet tracer because is the final case study ccna 4 module

so i have this problem some routers can receive routes (yeah i am using the broadcast command to broadcast routes)through FR but other router not. I did the same thing in all the routers and did the same thing in that weird FR cloud

all pvc are working (active) i can ping so i cant understand whats the problem

any ideaicon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    so i am using packet tracer because is the final case study ccna 4 module

so i have this problem some routers can receive routes (yeah i am using the broadcast command to broadcast routes)through FR but other router not. I did the same thing in all the routers and did the same thing in that weird FR cloud

all pvc are working (active) i can ping so i cant understand whats the problem

any ideaicon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:

Are you using sub interfaces on the routers? most likely this is because of the split horizon rules in RIP
  • Options
    gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    haney wrote: »
    Are you using sub interfaces on the routers? most likely this is because of the split horizon rules in RIP

yeah i am using sub interfaces in the last router(is the exit to internet) so should I change the protocol?? i try it eigrp but the same.
  • Options
    haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    post your configs. You should be able to do rip over frame-relay
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    yeah i am using sub interfaces in the last router(is the exit to internet) so should I change the protocol?? i try it eigrp but the same.
    Both RIP and EIGRP can have split horizon issues if there is a multipoint interface involved in your configuration.

Do you have a hub and spoke frame relay configuration and one common network? Or just a collection of point-to-point frame relay links and separate networks for each link?

Posting your topology and configs probably is the quickest way to get pushed and prodded towards the correct answer (but hopefully no one here will do your homework for you).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!