Options

Does Darril's security + book cover the new test

gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just ordered Darril Gibson's book get certified get ahead. Im just wondering if it covers the new security + test or the old one. I have to say I am very impressed with the reviews from this book. Between here and amazon he hasnt had anything less than AWESOME! review so I feel comfortable reading it and excited actually. I am not a person who likes to read but from what I have read in the reviews it seems this books is an easy relaxing read. Please feel free to weigh in on this
G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Comments

• Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's good for the current version of the exam (SY0-201, JK0-015)
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there any other book or study guide you all used in conjunction with this book. Also any good test sites with good test questions close to the ones that are on the actual test you can recommend
    G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've had a lot of firsthand experience with most of the topics covered on the exam, and that was my #1 resource.

Darril's book and the Self Test Software practice test filled in the gaps for me...I ended up with an 880.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I didn't know about Darril's Book before I took the exam (sorry Darril). I used the Kit from Sybex and an Exam Cram.