Options

Is ICND2 harder than ICND1?

mmartinez85mmartinez85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    In technical terms , Yes. However if your fresh to the lingo and networking that first hurdle ICND1 can always be hard since everything is very new to you. After completing the ICND1 things can get easier on the ICND2 because you have some form a familiarity with the first test. icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have taken and passed them both. I could not honestly say which was harder, because they were both tough for me. I spent more time studying for the ICND2. If you know the material and have studied, you will pass them both. Definately know subnetting cold for both tests. Try to get some hands-on practice with real switches and routers. Keep your eye on the clock! These are timed tests and it's easy to lose time on a tough question. If you can't answer a sim in 10 minutes, forget it and move on. Good luck on the exams!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In non-technical terms -- Yes, ICND2 is harder.

But after ICND1 you're smarter. And in ICND2 there's a lot more you can practice hands on -- which "makes it real" and easier to remember (if you do enough lab work). Hopefully you'll be having so much fun with the ICND2 topics and doing labs that you won't notice it covers harder material.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I started studing for the ICDN2 and have to admit it is more practice and labs. I actually am enjoying this.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    It goes deeper into the technical stuff aspects, gotta have a really good understanding of how thing's are working and why they might not work.

it's definitely alot to learn, but once you get into the swing of thing's you'll be fine.

you'll still be learning it after you pass anyway ;]
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S