Options

083-640 Issues??

casperz4casperz4 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is anyone having issues with the 083-640 exam.
I had to reschedule twice now. They don't seem to be fixing the problem.
I was told there was an issue with the virtual labs crashing computers or the connection times out when you finish off with a lab question.
Maybe it's just the exam centers I am booking with?
It's very frustrating.
Near Future Plans:
Linux+
A+
Server 2008
Blackberry
Windows 7

I think I'm gonna be busy.....

Comments

• Options
    contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sat the exam a little over a week ago with no issues. I had heard horror stories about the issues with the virtual machines but my exam experience was really smooth. I was more irked with the lag between the multiple choice questions. It wasn't bad but just enough to mess up my rythm whan I had a good pace going.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I had issues with my virtual labs and had to reschedule. My first VM went off without a hitch. The second one was a different story. I was on the second task of the second vm, and it needed me to open ADSS. Well, I received a schema error that I couldn't recover from. One hour later on tech support, I was rescheduled.

Had no problems though on my rescheduled exam though.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    I'm thinking I might have to look for a new test center...
    Near Future Plans:
    Linux+
    A+
    Server 2008
    Blackberry
    Windows 7

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The exam locked up on me twice requiring me to change computers. The proctor mentioned that somes the provisioning servers just get out of whack with the testing center computers and they have to send people to different testing centers.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    2 people at work had a bad experience with 83-640. They completed and never got a score.

Mine worked the first time however I was early to my exam. Bad mistake. The 83-640 exam will not start until your allocated time is started I found out. For example, was there at 10:30am for an 11:00am exam. The virtual sessions didn't kicked off until 11:00am so by the time I had read the agreements..etc I had to wait 10 mins.

It was also my first MS exam so I was as jumpy as hell and for that to happen didn't settle my nerves much more either!!

It's an interesting examation method however I think it is the way of the future of MS exams. It certainly means people cannot just **** it which brings excellent creditibility to the certification.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    valenvalen Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sat the exam a little over a week ago with no issues. I had heard horror stories about the issues with the virtual machines but my exam experience was really smooth. I was more irked with the lag between the multiple choice questions. It wasn't bad but just enough to mess up my rythm whan I had a good pace going.

I took the test on Saturday and my experience matches yours. No issues with VMs, slow loading on the multiple choice questions was a little annoying. I think the VMs are a good idea, but I though the list of tasks they asked me to perform where a bit random.
  • Options
    jgrodajgroda Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glad to see I am not the only one having issues with this thing. i actually had to sit for it three times, the first two it just locked up loading the first vm and they couldnt get it back up.

Finally I was able to take it, it locked up once forcing me to change computers, and at the end it jsut died, no score report, no printout. I had to wait until the exam got registered with microsoft to see if I passed or not. (960)
  • Options
    GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally I'm dreading when the 083-* exams come to the UK. I agree with the need to test practical skills but the plain 070-* exams are slow and unreliable enough already.

It's totally out of order if you've booked time of work to have it simply waste it - isn't the nerves of the exam itself enough?
  • Options
    In my area, I can't even book for the exam until the issue is fix.
    I was all pumped up, ready for this. They called me a few hours before and told me they had to cancel my appointment. The guy before me was writing the same thing and it crashed on him..
    The closest operating test center is about 2 hours or so away.
    Nothing like driving 2 hours before doing an exam, then driving home again.
    Near Future Plans:
    Linux+
    A+
    Server 2008
    Blackberry
    Windows 7