Options

Virtual Self Teaching Lab

gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I just want to say first off I am loving this forum. I have been apart of many forums but not one as this one that I have taken so much intrest in and all the help that you guys give. With that being said I have a question. I am wanting to get more familiar with MS SMS and SCCM and some other deployment programs and software to better my experience and knowledge. My question is I am thinking of building or buying a PC off craigslist used specifically for testing and deploying things to my network computers to learn this stuff better for my job. I was told that virtual box is the best program to use for this. Can you guys tell me more about this software how it works and how I can benefit from it
G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Virtual box it a software that allow you to create many virtual machines in your normall computer, For ex. You can install one windows 2003 and make any configuration like if you are working with a physical machine with windows 2003 and install another virtual machine with windows xp/vista/windows 7 and connect it with the windows 2003, after you do that you can delete the virtual machines and begin everything again, so you can practice, practice, test and test without another physical equipment.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    impelse wrote: »
    Virtual box it a software that allow you to create many virtual machines in your normall computer, For ex. You can install one windows 2003 and make any configuration like if you are working with a physical machine with windows 2003 and install another virtual machine with windows xp/vista/windows 7 and connect it with the windows 2003, after you do that you can delete the virtual machines and begin everything again, so you can practice, practice, test and test without another physical equipment.

So I can deploy and mess around with stuff if I build up a few machines in virtual box with different operating systems and learn that way. That is really cool thanks man
    G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"