70-686 Passed today

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
54 questions - no sims

160 min given, used 25min.

Passed with a 986.

Study time 1 week.

I thought this was going to be about deployment and to a point it was but my view is that it was mostly about product.

Don't sweat this one if you choose the NEW way or MS product you'll do fine. Please review the sticky for study materials.

Off to LPIC

Comments

• zetback@gmail.comzetback@gmail.com Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can you give me an idea of the type of questions,

i used the study material that was stickied here, and feel confident about knowing the overall material preety well, but feel slightly confused about the type of questions is it scenario type or more like knowledge of which tool does what?

any help would be apreciated, i take it in 6 days and want to cover last things to make sure i am prepared.
  • brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can you give me an idea of the type of questions,

i used the study material that was stickied here, and feel confident about knowing the overall material preety well, but feel slightly confused about the type of questions is it scenario type or more like knowledge of which tool does what?

any help would be apreciated, i take it in 6 days and want to cover last things to make sure i am prepared.

Some GPO but minor and tool usage.
  • casperz4casperz4 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 986? Nice...
    Near Future Plans:
    Linux+
    A+
    Server 2008
    Blackberry
    Windows 7

I think I'm gonna be busy.....
  • GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally I feel nervous about taking the 686 without a proper MS book or anything.

I struggled on the 680 even though I got a good score, is the 686 harder? The Deployment bits (e.g. imagex, dism etc.) is my weak point I think.

P.S. is this it the right forum?