Options

IPExperts Vs Internetwork Experts

mogul1221mogul1221 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all. I am sorry i know this has been discussed in the past but i havent found any recent discussions on this. I am trying to decide on a training provider and i am split between the two.

I know that they are equal in price. Location does not play a role in this for me.

I will be using self pased learning and lab workbooks until i feel really ready then i will take the 1 week lab experience 2-3 weeks before my lab.

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think any of the well known training providers are good (INE, IPX, CCBoot, NMC and Narbik). Being that your looking at using self paced programs you may need to think about WBs and videos.

Have you considered retakes if you have to make another attempt at the lab or if you feel you need a refresher before the lab?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    mogul1221mogul1221 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have considered this however i think both IP and INE offer continued updates to the self paced material.

I am not sure on the one week lab exerience.
  • Options
    EMcCalebEMcCaleb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ultimately, you'll probably use more than one vender.

Regardless, I'd also STRONGLY look into Netmaster (NMC) as well. They aren't as public as many of the other providers, but anyone who has used their products will tell you they are top notch. http://netmasterclass.net/
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    EMcCaleb wrote: »
    Ultimately, you'll probably use more than one vender.

Regardless, I'd also STRONGLY look into Netmaster (NMC) as well. They aren't as public as many of the other providers, but anyone who has used their products will tell you they are top notch. CCIE Lab Training : Classes (Boot Camps and Classes on Demand) and Self-Paced Products (Workbook with Practice Labs, Graded Labs, Video, Articles, etc) - NetMasterClass, LLC

Saw the 7 hour RIP lab on your blog just now..wow! Have you given it a shot? I am saving it for another day (when I have time..), but it seems interesting. My first instinct is "easy", second one is "Narbik made it..uh oh".
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    EMcCaleb wrote: »
    I'd also STRONGLY look into Netmaster (NMC) as well.
    The "official" Cisco360 training for the R&S CCIE is the NetMaster material -- and the bootcamps seem to based on the NetMaster classes. Other providers (CCBootCamp & Narbik) have "signed on" to offer the official Cisco 360 Program (or parts of it).

I'm guessing that CCBootCamp may be the source of the Cisco360 Voice material.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Saw the 7 hour RIP lab on your blog just now..wow! Have you given it a shot? I am saving it for another day (when I have time..), but it seems interesting. My first instinct is "easy", second one is "Narbik made it..uh oh".

We actually were given int RIP lab when I attended Narbik's class. Its a very good lab.

I think on the tech labs any of the vendors are good. My concern is how much will it cost you to build it and how its worded. You can loose alot of time trying to figure out poorly worded materials. Also material updates.
    Anytime I think of attending any class free retake is an automatic consideration.
    Videos are 50/50. Reason I say that is I have seen some that were damn good and would highly recommend. Then on the flip side I have seen some that were wtf and was sent to file 13.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons