Options

Anyone, ever use Career Saver?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone ever use Career saver? I ran their website through cert guard, and it looks legit. I’m just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?
CareerSaver.com - Free Downloads

CareerSaver.com - Free Downloads
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I haven't used them, so I can't say for sure how some of their products compare. I do know they have books like MS Press, which are generally good.

I received a call from a salesmen from Careersaver a year or so ago. He started out being nice, but as the conversation went on he began to get very pushy and wouldn't take no for an answer. I tried 4-5 to tell him no and that I needed to get back to work. I almost had to just hang up on him. He wanted me to just go ahead and buy like 3k worth of materials, just like that over the phone. Because that's apparently what some people do on there 15 minute break, spend 3k from a phone solicitor.

I'm sure not all there salesmen are like that, but just letting you know my limited experience with them.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    casperz4casperz4 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You might want to find out about their interactive software.
    The Comptia's A+ 601, 602, Net+ N10-003 are actually retired

I would think the Microsoft's 70-270 Configuring XP would be a waste of time

Can you still write the cert for 70-290 (Server 2003)?
    Near Future Plans:
    Linux+
    A+
    Server 2008
    Blackberry
    Windows 7

I think I'm gonna be busy.....
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There stuff looks badly outdated. Free won't hurt, but I wouldn't make them your primary learning source. cbtnuggets all the way if you can afford it.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone have more recent experience with careersavers.com? Last week i received an email from TechExams.net about them.

I haven't changed my email preference recently, if ever. I thought it might be a TechExams.net sponsor or something like that.
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I got that email too. I thought I might give them a try with the offer they had. The site and pushy salesperson made me change my mind.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They are definitely not a braindump but I definitely think they are subpar. Their questions are all short sentence type and some are very poorly worded. The test engine resembles the one exam force uses but career savers makes exam force look good IMO.
    The salesman was very pushy about trying to sell me something before I got the free trial. Definitely glad I was pushy back. I wasted a little time trying out the product. It's slow, poorly worded, several incorrect answers. My score on a 1-10 scale (3)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.