Options

Anyone wrote an essay to apply for a scholarship?

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well the title says it all really. Has anyone wrote an essay style application to successfully win a scholarship? Im thinking about applying for an MBA which is priced at £23,000. ive noticed the uni offer several scholarships which ask you to do this. The scholarships range from 4K to 10K so would cover a chunk of the tuition fee's.

The 1000 word essay asks you to write why you deserve the scholarship. So has anyone one got any suggestions on what to write or what you have written in a previous application?

Thanks
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Have I written a scholarship essay?

No, I have written dozens of essays and papers, and have written articles for money.

From that, I can tell you that the information contained in your essay will relate very much to yourself as an individual. The question is asking you to identify your self worth, and sell yourself. What makes you worth £23,000? Different scholarships will want to see different things, but a good guideline would be to show your potential during your education, and your potential after the education. You also want to show where this potential comes from, and how you will maintain it throughout your education. This way they will look at you as a worthy investment.

My 2cents.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    ChristiangeorgiaChristiangeorgia Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Nel,
    If you want to get confirmation about it then try to meet with university levels fresh/ old students. Just visit some more student base portals and communities. Hopefully you will get some more ideas regarding your thinking.