Options

if i can pass CCNA does that mean i could pass CCENT?

muonmuon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
if i can pass CCNA does that mean i could pass the CCENT since the CCENT is 'lower' than CCNA? just wondering cause its another line i could add to my resume...

Comments

• Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Yeh, you could.

But there really is no point, once you've passed CCNA that's it, CCENT was mean't as an entry level 2 part exam for people wanting to break thing's down, it doesn't add anything more after CCNA.

Look at something else if you want to add to you're skill set, not more lines on you're cv ;)
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Actually, some people do need stuff to add to their resume. I find it hard to get excited reading a 1/2 page on a resume about someone's high school job at Mickey D's. icon_rolleyes.gif The more space on the resume filled with something relevant to a networking job (since this is posted in the CCNA/CCENT forum) is more useful than a 7 line hobby section.

If you have the knowledge and skills to pass the single CCNA exam, then you should also have the skills to pass the ICND1 exam (which gives you the CCENT Certification) and the ICND2 exam (which when combined with the ICND1 exam gives you the CCNA Certification). A few people here have spent more money taking the ICND1 exam for the CCENT and then the CCNA (rather than the ICND2) for the CCNA Certification. I'm not sure the added cost of doing that is justified by the supposed "fewer hard questions" in the CCNA exam compared to the ICND2 exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hmmm...

then i shall get my CCENT a couple of days after i get my ccna...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    muon wrote: »
    then i shall get my CCENT a couple of days after i get my ccna...
    Why not just do the ICND1 exam to get the CCENT before doing the ICND2 or CCNA exam to get the CCNA Certification. If you fail the CCNA exam you've spent $250 for nothing. At least the ICND1 & ICND2 exams split the risk over 2 $125 exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Why not just do the ICND1 exam to get the CCENT before doing the ICND2 or CCNA exam to get the CCNA Certification. If you fail the CCNA exam you've spent $250 for nothing. At least the ICND1 & ICND2 exams split the risk over 2 $125 exams.

brilliant!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Totally agree with Mike, as that is what I did. The CCNA exam has the EXACT same criteria as the ICND1 and ICND2 exams combined, no difference. So the CCNA means you have all the knowledge of a CCENT (ICND1).

However, if you get your CCNA without taking the ICND1, you don't technically get the CCENT. Plus if you fail your CCNA, you leave with nothing. Where as if you actually did understand the basics and took the two exam route, you would at least have the CCENT to show your knowledge.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.