Options

recertified after 3 years?

muonmuon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
are you the type of person than renews your ccna ever 3 years? or maybe not because you already found a networking job and don't feel the need to?

also, does one need to take the same test for renewing their ccna?

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    instead of retaking the CCNA after three years, I just moved on to taking professional level exams. A pass on one of those recertifies all professional and associate level certs for another 3 years, so there's no need to really ever take the same exam twice unless you just don't want to move your certifications any further
  • Options
    muonmuon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oh i c. seems like those pro tests are incentive based.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am going to take a different exam to recert. Either CCDA, CCNA:S, or one of the NP exams.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    instead of retaking the CCNA after three years, I just moved on to taking professional level exams. A pass on one of those recertifies all professional and associate level certs for another 3 years, so there's no need to really ever take the same exam twice unless you just don't want to move your certifications any further

Same here. I guess if I didn't work in networking and just wanted the CCNA I'd probably just do ICND2 again to renew.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264

Yea.

I haven't repeated any tests (yet). I've just been moving up the ladder.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've re-certified more than 25+ times now and still haven't repeated the CCNA (or taken the ICND2) exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!