Options

Exams prep

gtmassivegtmassive Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys, I'm in IT for about 7yrs...Desktop Support, the company i'm consulting with is going to finally hire me...I have an interview at the end of the month..i want to take exam 70-270 and Net +.. within 2 weeks, which is the best cram sheets/video/audio i can buy to study.
Will like to have these exams done before my interview.

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Wow, both in 2 weeks that is ambitious. It took me 2 years to sit for the 70-270. Mostly because I was scared I would fail and be out $125 but now that the 2nd shot is back we don't have to worry. I would take the NET+ first because I felt it was easy. How well versed are you with basic networking principles and subnetting?
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I would recommend the Transcender. Its perfect for the 70-270 exam.
  • Options
    gtmassivegtmassive Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well guys i should say within the next 30 days i would like to have them done...i know the basic of Ip addressing and Subnetting....
    I want to take the Windows XP exams 1st...since this is what i support all day, then the Net+.
    Is there any topics i should pay special attention to and also which vendor should i buy these exams from.

Thanks
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    gtmassive wrote: »
    Well guys i should say within the next 30 days i would like to have them done...i know the basic of Ip addressing and Subnetting....
    I want to take the Windows XP exams 1st...since this is what i support all day, then the Net+.
    Is there any topics i should pay special attention to and also which vendor should i buy these exams from.

Thanks

You will be hard pressed to complete both of the exams within a month, by reading some cram sheets....

The exams, are about you needing to know what they want you to know. They only way you can determine what they want you to know, is get several sources of material and then hit the books.

I know this from experience, since I had over 20 years in the field, without certifications prior to jumping on the certification band wagon. It is not about getting the piece of paper, it is about learning the material.

Good luck
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283