Options

What is the pre-test survey?

bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
Without violating the NDA what is the pre-test survey exactly? Do I need to answer the survey questions? Can I spend time writing out charts I memorized? What's the experience that y'all have had with this?

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    bcall64 wrote: »
    Without violating the NDA what is the pre-test survey exactly? Do I need to answer the survey questions? Can I spend time writing out charts I memorized? What's the experience that y'all have had with this?

You have to fill in a bubble somewhere, but I believe there are "Prefer not to answer" bubbles you can fill you.

Could you write out the charts you memorize in the time?

I do! You are given about 15-20 mins of instructional time, and since I have taken the exams before I make sure I have everything else in line and skip through them.

You should go through them once, however. At least read the legal document.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bcall64 wrote: »
    I don't think the pre-test survey is graded :D and hopefully hasn't changed to much from what I remember.....

If I remember correctly they asked if you had been a Cisco Network Academy Student, and if so you were asked for your Academy Login ID and the highest level of Academy courses you completed.

I think you were also asked about Certifications you had -- Cisco and/or Other Vendor. Then I think it asked about Certification you were planning to do.....

And if I remember correctly, then it asked you to rate your knowledge on some of the areas you were going to test on..... There was a thread here where someone claimed you should say you don't know anything so that you get only easy questions. icon_lol.gif My guess now is that if you say you don't know anything, they flag your exam for review since you would have had to use **** -- why else would you be taking an exam when you don't know anything. icon_rolleyes.gif On the other hand, if you lie and claim you're expert on all the topics and then do miserable, I guess that also flags your exam for review since that's what someone who dumped might do. icon_lol.gif

You should just do the survey and get it out of the way.

Now the NDA and Exam Demo are timed -- and you have about 15 minutes each. You can find the links to the Cisco NDA and Cisco Exam Tutorial and Demo near the bottom of the CCNA Forum FAQ.

The Demo & NDA time is when I'd usually jot down my emergency brain freeze subnetting chart. Read those links now (and make sure you do the "Try Me" part of the Demo on at least the SIM and SIMLET) and that time before the exam is yours to do what you want -- jot notes or just skip to the exam that much sooner. But you must agree to the NDA to continue to the exam -- but if you're under 18 then you need your parents to sign and mail something before you get your official exam results.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!