Options

70-680 Study Help

krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am looking to start on my Microsoft Certification. I have been working in IT for the past 3 years in user support roles. I have a BSc in Network Computing.

I see more and more jobs wanting you to have Microsoft Certification. As I havent done any Microsoft Certification before I was looking at starting on 70-680. I would like to go down the MCITP road. I have been useing windows 7 since beta.

I have the MS press training kit I must say I find it to be a bit dry and hard to read and they is alot of mistakes. I was wondering if anyone could recommened me any other training material.

I also have two computers set up with Windows 7 enterprise for training.

I had a look at book by Sean Odom which is really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Regards

Russell

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would look through some of the resources Claymoore so kindly put together. The virtual labs for UAC, bitlocker, branchcache helped a lot.
  • Options
    I was looking at them last night. They are very good.

Thanks
  • Options
    nyjohnnynyjohnny Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    Hello All,

I am looking to start on my Microsoft Certification. I have been working in IT for the past 3 years in user support roles. I have a BSc in Network Computing.

I see more and more jobs wanting you to have Microsoft Certification. As I havent done any Microsoft Certification before I was looking at starting on 70-680. I would like to go down the MCITP road. I have been useing windows 7 since beta.

I have the MS press training kit I must say I find it to be a bit dry and hard to read and they is alot of mistakes. I was wondering if anyone could recommened me any other training material.

I also have two computers set up with Windows 7 enterprise for training.

I had a look at book by Sean Odom which is really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Regards

Russell

Hey Russell,

I just passed my 680 this week and I can tell you that using the links above helped. I also got the "measureup" practice examination kit which someone had recc'd on another site and it worked really well for me - its NOT a braindump - the questions are not identical at all, which is good because you want to really learn and absorb the info. It gives detailed explanations for why answers are correct, and why others are wrong - if you read them and study them, youll get a strong grasp of the material and be able to tackle anything they throw at you, no matter how they word it or shift things around to confuse you - thats how I did it anyway. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    nyjohnny wrote: »
    Hey Russell,

I just passed my 680 this week and I can tell you that using the links above helped. I also got the "measureup" practice examination kit which someone had recc'd on another site and it worked really well for me - its NOT a braindump - the questions are not identical at all, which is good because you want to really learn and absorb the info. It gives detailed explanations for why answers are correct, and why others are wrong - if you read them and study them, youll get a strong grasp of the material and be able to tackle anything they throw at you, no matter how they word it or shift things around to confuse you - thats how I did it anyway. Hope this helps.

nyjohnny,

Thanks for the feedback its very helpful.

How much time would you say you spend studying? The links are really good and are helping me a good bit.

Did you use the MS press book any?

I am in the same boat I would like to learn rather than use ****.

I have had a look at the measureup site it looks good. I am at work the now so will have a more in depth look tonight.

Regards

Russell
  • Options
    nyjohnnynyjohnny Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    nyjohnny,

Thanks for the feedback its very helpful.

How much time would you say you spend studying? The links are really good and are helping me a good bit.

Did you use the MS press book any?

I am in the same boat I would like to learn rather than use ****.

I have had a look at the measureup site it looks good. I am at work the now so will have a more in depth look tonight.

Regards

Russell

Hi Russell,

I didnt touch the MS press books, as for time I spent studying for the test - I have been studying about 3 weeks or so - only using measureup for the last 2 weeks prior to the test. I found the practice tests to be the most useful and effective for me since they give detailed answers but I guess that depends on the person. I was very dilligent in the last week and a half or so, most of my nights were devoted to reading, im not sure if thats a long time or not, but for me it worked so take that with a grain of salt.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks alot for the feedback. Well done on the pass

Regards

Russell