Options

Passed 70-680 Today - 868

nyjohnnynyjohnny Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys - I made that thread the other day in a panic and I just wanted to say 1 - thanks to those who replied and 2 - I passed it! first try. It was my first cert so i was definitely nervous, but I passed it with an 868.

I used the links above for the examination (the sticky thread) and I took many many practice exams using the measureup (measureup has a coupon code for like 30% off right now, use code "TEST25") - i used the online browser version of the test, not the downloadable version and it was just fine. Some questions were similiar, but it definitely paid off not treating it like some braindump - studying the answers to the questions as well as the wrong answers to get a full understanding of how everything worked paid off.

So yeah, i'm real happy, and I definitely will now be working through more certs with alot more confidence now that I am more comfortable.

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrtulations sir!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work, that is a solid score!
  • Options
    Dilan-LTDilan-LT Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrtulations :D
  • Options
    nyjohnnynyjohnny Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys - any reccs on what I should tackle next to make myself more marketable? I was thinking of going for a server one - I wasnt sure if I should go for the 70-290 or if I should go for the newer technology and try for a 2008 server cert instead - which would you guys think is more valuable right now?
  • Options
    GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went down the 2008 route (after passing the 70-290) but I have to wonder how many businesses have even heard of the new Certs!
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on passing. I was thinking of getting Transcender, but after reading your recommendation of measure up, and the discount, I think I will go for that instead.
    I went down the 2008 route (after passing the 70-290) but I have to wonder how many businesses have even heard of the new Certs!

Some have, most I think have not. They should not have changed the MCSE monicker. It was a brand recognised by most. Everyone know and respect an MCSE, with an MCITP they are puzzled about what it is.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)