CCNA Voice - Day 2

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
CCNA Voice – Day 2
Alright, I wasted almost an hour wondering why my 2621xm keeps loosing my configurations after reboots… turns out I had my configuration register wrong. Doh! So I didn’t make the progress I would have liked.
1) Read through chapter 3 of the CCNA Voice official exam guide. A lot of switching review which I found kinda boring. I just got done studying for BCMSN not too long ago so this was all review. Over all a quick read no challenges here. I can recite every command from memory, so I am doing alright.
2) Ran through the lab book, chapter 8 through 8.4. Setup the CCME gui for the most part. I had to skip ahead as I don’t have all the equipment I need and this chapter looked like it was main fluff.
3) Did some general messing around, tried to connect my physical router to GNS3 so I could get some dialpeers going etc etc, but I found my GNS3 would crash when I ran the no shut on the physical 2621xm. Very weird.
4) Messed around trying to find a Mac softphone with no luck
5) Watched video 2 of CBTNuggets CCNA Voice
6) Watched Video 1 and 2 in CBTnuggets CVOICE
Over all, pretty good progress for day 2.
-Daniel

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm starting to see a pattern emerging here... ;)

That's one reason why it's awesome to work on real hardware. I bet you'll catch that next time right away.

Keep up the good work!
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Keep it up, this forum needs a bit more activity.
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    CCNA Voice – Day 2
    Alright, I wasted almost an hour wondering why my 2621xm keeps loosing my configurations after reboots… turns out I had my configuration register wrong. Doh! So I didn’t make the progress I would have liked.
    Yep, happened to me ages ago. This is why I think for CCEND / CCNA real hardware is a must - the joys of xmodem, ymodem, baud rates, tftp, config reg, dodgy serial cables, upgrades and so on. GNS3 & Packet tracer protect someone from all them minor annoyances.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • masterUniversemasterUniverse Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This book "IP Telephony Using CallManager Express Lab Portfolio" is a great lab book, following this, you will learn a lot as I did.

We use this book in our voice class and all labs work. There is some errors on the book when you do the gatekeeper, so just beware, other than that, no problem.

In our school, they have T1 hardware simulator so it was no problem setting up T1 and also they have the voice messaging hardware.

Once you finish this book and all the labs and if you want more challenge, you can configure exchange server 2007/2010 and use that as a voice messaging system instead of Cisco voice messaging.