d

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in Security+
a

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Gentlemen,

I have been preparing for my Sec+ exam for the past couple of weeks. I took a class last year to finish up my Associate's degree that was tied to this certification but never expanded upon what I learned in the class to learn all of the material required to take the test. Anyways, I have read through the Sybex book and Darril's book and I feel prepared. I think I may just have pretest jitters, I am doing consistently well on the Transcender practice tests.

What kind of things do you guys do a couple of days before a test to ensure that you are fully prepared for the exam? I was thinking about going through the test objectives and making sure I can provide an answer to all of the objectives. I am taking the test on Thursday and hope that I won't have to sit this one again.

Thanks for any last minute advice! Oh and wish me luck ;)

I make 3x5s of all the stuff I have difficulty with and slowly read through them. I also test myself by having the answer on one side, and the question on the other. Just slowly go through the material before the test. Remember, it's not the CISSP, or even the SSCP for that matter. I am sure you will do fine.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm sure you'll do fine. I took mine Tuesday (855) and just looked over some notes on HIDS,NIDS and encryption. The test is mostly about what works best here and if you know the material you can automatically cancel out some of the choices.
    I used the Sybex Study Guide and Labsim mostly. The Labsim cert exams (chapter exams helped) had already exposed most of my weaknesses. I only had 1 port question.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congratulations
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations. Great score.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Blog
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Thanks Darril, just want you say your book was a great help!

That's great to hear. Thank you.

Good luck on whatever comes next for you.

Darril