Options

IE6 runtime error

Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
Hello,

I keep on getting the following IE6 error on one my clients (see the attached files). I have disabled script debugging, but I keep on receiving the error. Does anyone have any idea on what could be causing it?

Updating the version of IE6 and/or using another browser is sadly not an option. :)

Edit, heh just noticed that I had actually enabled script debugging. I guess I have been studying too hard.
Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The screenshot shows that script debugging is still enabled?

And yeah... the actual solution would be to get rid of IE6 as you already know...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Probably malware or possibly a corrupt plugin. I'd give it the SpyBot, Ad-Aware, etc. treatment to start with.

You may need to reinstall that version of IE6 as well.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Dracula28 wrote: »
    Updating the version of IE6 and/or using another browser is sadly not an option. :)

why? Givein IE6 is now no longer supported
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637

Although Google may not code for it anymore, IE6 is still supported by MS because it was the browser that shipped with XP. As long as XP is under extended support, IE6 will be supported. Dracula28 probably cannot upgrade due to intranet sites that only work with IE6. There are options, however.

Windows 7 XP Mode / MED-V. IE6 is the browser that shipped with XP and is the browser that is included with XP Mode. You can then publish the IE6 browser to Windows 7 as a Windows XP Mode Application

Spoon.net virtual browser. I haven't tried it myself, but it was recommended by a few of my collegues for running different versions of virtual browsers. If you run Vista or a version of Windows 7 that doesn't support XP Mode, give it a try.
  • Options
    SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□

I've seen quite a bit of this with various clients, though. I worked for an educational organization for a while, and to this day their standard is still IE6. That's because they have a bunch of in-house web apps that were built only to be compatible with IE6, and they're not willing to dedicate the time/resources to update the apps so that they are compatible with IE7/8.