fast paced environment expectations

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright so I've been looking into a government job for a while now and I'm not so sure about the job because one of the requirements is to have the ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced and diverse environment is required. I've worked in a fast paced environment in a warehouse but never for help desk/customer service setting. What would I expect in help desk/customer service setting?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would imagine you are going to be looking at high call volumes and the need for quick resolution of issues.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Alright so I've been looking into a government job for a while now and I'm not so sure about the job because one of the requirements is to have the ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced and diverse environment is required. I've worked in a fast paced environment in a warehouse but never for help desk/customer service setting. What would I expect in help desk/customer service setting?

In my experience, a "fast paced" government job = normal paced regular job. I wish I were kidding. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    In my experience, a "fast paced" government job = normal paced regular job. I wish I were kidding. icon_lol.gif

This is too true.

Im not sure there is actually any "fast paced" government job out there, short of being on the front lines in the middle east.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »

If this is true for the job I'm looking at then I guess I have nothing to worry about.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Yeah you'll be fine. Most Govt jobs are pretty much cake. It will have some stressful moments, but what job doesn't?

Oddly enough even working in a warzone can get pretty dead at times.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...